RadioBanter

-   -   Got my Tecsun PL-550 - Judah (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/62571-got-my-tecsun-pl-550-judah.html)

[email protected] January 24th 05 07:54 PM

Got my Tecsun PL-550 - Judah

No review of it yet. But it will soon be in the works. I have to say
I really like this radio. I'm comparing it to my old YB-400, and this
is as nice, and to be honest, in many ways nicer than the YB-400. The
radio is solidly built, very sensitive and selective. Great features.
Its a very quality radio for the price. Actually for even twice the
price. I think the chinese are really producing some nice electronics
now. Anyway, I have been playing with it all weekend. It tons of fun.
I have a feeling Tecsun and Degen are going to be the new leader in
shortwave radio production, at least in the portable (NON TABLETOP)
genre.

[email protected] January 24th 05 11:39 PM

they already are the leader and I hope they keep moving up the ladder

Conan Ford January 26th 05 05:19 AM

wrote in news:1106609985.553672.115630
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

they already are the leader and I hope they keep moving up the ladder

I don't know. I've found that my ~10 year old Sangean ATS-803a that I got
off of E-Bay works better than a Degen 1102 or a Tecsun PL-550.

[email protected] January 26th 05 04:26 PM

but you can't buy one new !!! I was talking about current
manufacturers of current products