RadioBanter

-   -   great deal on the SF120 sound feeder ! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/63455-re-great-deal-sf120-sound-feeder.html)

Conan Ford February 3rd 05 03:22 AM

great deal on the SF120 sound feeder !

"mike maghakian" wrote in news:b8adnehFc7mUcHDcRVn-
:

http://www.shentech.com/arsfsowifmau.html

Thank you, picked one up and had it shipped to Canada. Total cost was
about $25 Canadian, but it's not available locally.

The unit I got had a slightly different antenna, it cannot pivot, just pull
straight up and down. I replaced it with about a 2.25 foot antenna, and I
can almost cover my whole house (as opposed ot just one room). Going to
crank it up to 3 volts now.

By the way:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?
q=sound+feeder&hl=en&lr=&group=rec.radio.shortwave &selm=994645492.921906%
40sj-nntpcache-5&rnum=5

Apparently the FM transmitter chip it uses can only take about 4 volts
before it fries.