RadioBanter

-   -   LF Engineering H800 and H900 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/64230-re-lf-engineering-h800-h900.html)

[email protected] February 11th 05 04:43 PM

LF Engineering H800 and H900

wrote:
Is anyone using or have used one of these?

Im in a situation where the best I can do is about 50 feet of wire to

tree and was wondering if one of these active antennas would be an
upgrade or a downgrade from my 50 footer endfed?

Thanks...Gil

I used an H800 for a while. I thought it was a good
antenna...surprisingly good. It's small size is the key to its success.
If you find a nice, quiet spot for it, you'll pick up very little noise
and hear lots and lots of signals. It's especially good below 5 mhz, in
my experience.

I know they're a lot more expensive, but have you considered one of the
Wellbrook loops? They're made for people with space limitations and I
suspect that they would outperform your wire by a considerable margin.

Steve