Old February 21st 05, 06:02 PM
Klaus Köhler - Thüringen

Default software for my old COMMODORE 128

I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 ( also for
the C-64-mode ).

KK

Old February 21st 05, 07:42 PM

Klaus K=F6hler - Th=FCringen wrote:
I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 (

also for
the C-64-mode ).

KK

- Doubt if it has sufficient CPU power to do much...
you might try writing some yourself & see....

DX hardware for a commie... ?? dunno

Old February 21st 05, 10:52 PM
ShortwaveMan

You might look for Emulation software for the Commodore 128 and see if your
software will work on your computer in emulation mode. If you don't have the
software you may need to search for both. HTH mm

~~~~~ God gives Peace not war +

Old February 21st 05, 11:38 PM
Drifter

You might look for Emulation software for the Commodore 128 and see if
your
software will work on your computer in emulation mode. If you don't have
the
software you may need to search for both. HTH mm

~~~~~ God gives Peace not war +
********************************

hope you tried a google search. the commodores are still vary popular in
europe. i have a feeling Volker will have something for you. i had a ton
of software for my old commo's years ago. ham and shortwave, even a
DX-edge
map, as i remember. commo's and good software still show up at the
hamfest
i go to each summer. good luck...
Drifter...
Old February 22nd 05, 12:05 AM
m II

Klaus Köhler - Thüringen wrote:

I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 (

also for

the C-64-mode ).

KK

- Doubt if it has sufficient CPU power to do much...
you might try writing some yourself & see....

DX hardware for a commie... ?? dunno

I had a really small basic program for the Vic-20 and C-64 that would
do a respectable job of Decoding Morse. It couldn't have been more
than twenty lines long. There were also rtty decoders available.

http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=1038

A really blurred schematic for an interface is he

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-1225.pdf

A mention of two CW programs are made he

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...download&hl=en

OR:

http://tinyurl.com/5736e

The above site is being worked on, so I posted the cached version.
A huge list of sites, referred to by the previous page:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...x/hammisc2.htm

This site has a morse/Telex decoder program forthe Vic.
http://www.funet.fi/pub/cbm/vic20/utilities/8k/

=============================
conrad-dcf77.d64.gz

Software für C64/C128 zum "DCF-77 Empfänger" von Conrad
Electronic (Deutschland). The DCF-77 is a radio signal that carries
the time of an atomic clock located in Braunschweig, Germany. Uploaded
by Christian Janoff.

packetradio/

This directory contains packet radio stuff for the C64. See
modem.gif for a schematic diagram. The software is packed using PK-Zip
on MS-DOS. Unpack it before transfering the files to your C64. These
files were uploaded by .
dc5doc_p.zip@ (link)
Documentation for the packet radio software (Digicom v5.00).
dc64v50.zip
The packet radio software.
digicom-5.00.txt.gz@ (link)
Documentation for Digicom v5.00 in another format.
modem.gif@ (link)
The schematic diagram for a packet radio interface.

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/cbm/ALLFILES.html
=============================

Old February 22nd 05, 02:10 AM

Those old simple computers like the Comodore, Radio Shack Color
Computer, etc., will work fine as a dumb terminal along with a radio
modem or other decoding device. They just need a serial port, enough
processing power to load some kind of comm software and display basic
text. I used a Coco 16 that had been bumped to 64k and a faster clock
along with a tape drive, home brew RF modulator and a 40 character
screen. The CoCo worked great along with an AEA PK232MBX for several
RTTY modes and cw.

http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=3D1038

A really blurred schematic for an interface is he

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/man/pdf/MFJ-1225.pdf

A mention of two CW programs are made he

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=3Dcac...der.com/dave/=
+%22vic-20%22+morse+%2Bcw+download&hl=3Den

OR:

http://tinyurl.com/5736e

The above site is being worked on, so I posted the cached version.
A huge list of sites, referred to by the previous page:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...x/hammisc2.htm

This site has a morse/Telex decoder program forthe Vic.
http://www.funet.fi/pub/cbm/vic20/utilities/8k/

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
conrad-dcf77.d64.gz

Software f=FCr C64/C128 zum "DCF-77 Empf=E4nger" von Conrad

Old February 22nd 05, 04:06 AM
Rob Mills

wrote in message
oups.com...

The CoCo worked great along with an AEA PK232MBX for several

RTTY modes and cw.

I had a DX302 hooked to a C128 and an AEA CP1, it worked pretty good, would
print it out as fast as it read it.

Wish I had seen this post several weeks ago because I was at an estate sale
about a week ago that had a bunch of Commodore gear. Wasn't interested so
didn't pay much attention but do recall a stack of 1571 drives. Rob Mills

Old February 22nd 05, 05:59 AM
Tattoo Vampire

Drifter wrote:

hope you tried a google search. the commodores are still vary popular in
europe. i have a feeling Volker will have something for you. i had a ton
of software for my old commo's years ago. ham and shortwave, even a
DX-edge map, as i remember. commo's and good software still show up at
the hamfest i go to each summer. good luck...

Ah, the Commodore. Those little guys were fun to tinker with, and some of
the things they could do were years ahead of what the PCs of the day were
capable of. I had software that would decode Morse and rtty but dumped it
all a long, long time ago.

Commodore BBSes were always the coolest ones to log onto - great BBS
software like ImageBBS looked better than the stodgy interfaces you saw on
PC boards, and all the really cool "doors" came out for the C= boards first.

--
[tv]

CCC: Crash if Carry Clear
-- New Opcode
Old February 22nd 05, 08:52 AM
Lucky

"Klaus Köhler - Thüringen" wrote in message
I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 ( also
for
the C-64-mode ).

KK

I still have my Commodore 64 and the floppy drive for it. I just recently
threw out the first computer I ever built the Sinclair ZX81. I remember
taking like 20 min to type in a software program for a game. I was also on
the internet way back then using a company called Q-Link which was later
bought out by a company called AOL. Those were the days...

Lucky

Old February 22nd 05, 06:16 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Klaus Köhler - Thüringen wrote:
I am looking for DX-Software and DX-Hardware for my COMMODORE 128 ( also for
the C-64-mode ).

Have you tried the comp.sys.cbm newsgroup?

Mark Zenier Washington State resident