RadioBanter

-   -   My Tenna didn't work so well!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/65885-my-tenna-didnt-work-so-well.html)

Burr March 3rd 05 08:51 PM

My Tenna didn't work so well!!!

YUP,
I got me one of those "Tiny Tenna" thingys and had a lot of trouble with
it. I went down to the Radio shack and got me some plugs and it works a
little better.

I got me an adaptor so my headset would plug into the little plug that
came with it then I hung the long thingy to the top of my drape in the front
window of my trailer where I can watch the neighbors come and go and so they
could see my new "Shortwave RADIO".
I took an alligator clamp and a few feet of wire and hooked one end to
the trailer hatch and then moved the clip up and down the long wire thingy
until I got a station.
The reception ain't to good here in the park but the neighbors think it
works great, I just smile and adjust the wires a little. I hope Bill is
going to put a volume control on his new version.

Burr
I'm a Democrat because my father was.

[email protected] March 3rd 05 10:35 PM

- Well, since it cost about as much as two movie tickets, it's worth
the entertainment value to get one &
hook it up between a longwire and a cheap Shortwave radio..
by God, you can pick up Stations all OVER the world...
& Gypsy caps, & Air planes going over head, & boats going By

Heck.. Might not be Cutting edge technology , but it helps Bill feed
His Five Growing Sons..

Dan / NYC

I Voted Republican Because My Minister Told Me To...

m II March 4th 05 02:41 AM

wrote:

I Voted Republican Because My Minister Told Me To...

I voted Bush because I'm possessed by the devil.

mike

cupid March 4th 05 02:49 AM

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:41:40 GMT, m II wrote:

wrote:

I Voted Republican Because My Minister Told Me To...

I voted Bush because I'm possessed by the devil.

mike

I name is mII because I love running around in a Tstorm with a metal
dildo up my ass!

Lloyd Davies - Supreme TimeLORD March 4th 05 03:33 AM

YOU LEAVE THE TINY-TENNA ALONE!

IT ALONE WILL SAVE YOU FROM A EVIL DALEK INVASION!!!!

Lloyd Davies, Supreme TimeLORD
Talk Show Host "On the Domestic Front"
Nim Buster of the year - 2004
http://www.network54.com/Forum/391414
http://www.halturnershow.com/

cupid March 4th 05 03:35 AM

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:51:47 GMT, "Burr" wrote:

[...]

did u try pulling it outta your butt before you used it?

Telamon March 4th 05 04:09 AM

In article DNKVd.74185$uc.34272@trnddc04, "Burr"
wrote:

YUP, I got me one of those "Tiny Tenna" thingys and had a lot of
trouble with it. I went down to the Radio shack and got me some plugs
and it works a little better.

I got me an adaptor so my headset would plug into the little plug
that came with it then I hung the long thingy to the top of my drape
in the front window of my trailer where I can watch the neighbors
come and go and so they could see my new "Shortwave RADIO".

I took an alligator clamp and a few feet of wire and hooked one end
to the trailer hatch and then moved the clip up and down the long
wire thingy until I got a station. The reception ain't to good here
in the park but the neighbors think it works great, I just smile and
adjust the wires a little. I hope Bill is going to put a volume
control on his new version.

Try moving the antenna wire outside the trailer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Burr March 4th 05 02:25 PM

wrote:

[...]

I voted right, I voted Republican.
Long Live the Republican Party

[email protected] March 4th 05 10:55 PM

wrote:
MFJ=mighty fine junk
grin
Terry

That is the VERY FIRST THING I thought of, Terry. Here he's a bitchin'
and a moanin' 'bout the TT, now he's goin' after "Mighty Fine Junk"!

(The TT just can't buy this kinda free publicity! Keep it up, CuHu!
We haven't sold this many IN YEARS! To be honest, it was getting a
little boring assembling these dipoles every day for the hammies.
You've given me a very nice change of pace in the work shop.)

I quit rrs shortly before 9-11. It was taking on the appearence of
rec.radio.amateur.misc. Same people, same crap. But I'll admit this,
the TT threads have gotten some of the trollers and jokesters BACK on
topic: SHORTWAVE!

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Global Headquarters
TinyTenna, Michigan, US of A
(Just West of TinyTenna International Speedway)

Michael March 4th 05 11:15 PM

wrote in message
No wonder it didn't.You bought a Tiny-Tenna and Tiny-Tennas do NOT work
at all.I KNOW,I ****ed up and bought one of those Worthless Tiny-Tennas
too.

LOL .... I'm pi$$ing myself over here... "I fuc*ed up and bought one of
those ..." LOL ... Your a poet, man...

I wonder if the Tiny-Tenna would perform any better then the first home brew
antenna I made when I was in grade school. I took a plastic laundry basket
and covered it with aluminum foil so that it looked like a demented
satellite dish. Then I used a wire to go from the foil to the whip antenna
on this old beat up Zenith SW radio that was collecting dust in the
basement. I bet that my laundry basket antenna was better then the
Tiny-Tenna... LOL... Man... I wish I had a photo of that antenna. It was a
thing of beauty...

Michael