Old March 12th 05, 10:27 PM
* Dr. Artaud *

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Offered as an aside, and not directed to your post (response)
specifically, the following:

So far as I can tell, any country in recent history that has been exposed
to the U.S. Air Force or U.S. Navy has come away from the dealing quite
damaged. I can see the struggle that the U.S. is having in its ground
conflict in Iraq, perhaps a different story.

We have gone through the "Mother of All Wars" scenario with the Mideast,
and I do not believe that bombastic speech is going to help their
situation concerning how seriously the world takes them.

Improvements in technology even since the mid 80s, and the current
administration in the U.S. would certainly bode catastrophe for any
opponent to the U.S. Air Force or U.S. Navy.

Oh, and by the by, when was the U.S. Navy defeated the first time?

Dr. Artaud

Hizbullah Leader Nasrallah at Pro-Syrian Beirut Rally:
If U.S. Navy Fleet Returns to Lebanon They Will Be Defeated Again

http://memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=594%20

Old March 13th 05, 05:28 PM
Li Changchun

Dr., it simply makes for a wonderful study of propaganda.

"* Dr. Artaud *" wrote in message
"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Old March 13th 05, 07:56 PM
uncle arnie

* Dr. Artaud * wrote:

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Oh, and by the by, when was the U.S. Navy defeated the first time?

11 Oct 1776 to the British on Lake Champlain ?
Old March 13th 05, 08:19 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

uncle arnie wrote in news:11396p365kfsk60
@corp.supernews.com:

Come on now, I meant "recent history", though by the construction of the
sentence, your interpretation would be more valid.

LOL

Dr. Artaud

* Dr. Artaud * wrote:

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Old March 13th 05, 08:47 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

True. I don't think that most people give the prevalence of propaganda
much thought. I'm always incredulous when some of my co-workers
unquestioningly accept mainstream news stories. Not that these stories
are untrue, sometimes they are, sometimes not, but even the frequency of
the airing of the stories and the tone in which the stories are presented
constitute propaganda.

Anti-Smoking propaganda campaigns are maddening. Any sensible person
would realize that smoking is seriously bad for your health, yet every
day, some new study is released showing that tropical fish raised in the
homes of smokers are more likely to have breast or prostate cancer than
those raised in non-smokers homes. (I am being facetious here).

Oddly enough, because the perceived outcome of the anti-smoking campaigns
is good, the campaign itself is not perceived as propaganda, yet it is.

Dr. Artaud

Dr., it simply makes for a wonderful study of propaganda.

"* Dr. Artaud *" wrote in message
"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Old March 14th 05, 03:12 AM
Honus

"uncle arnie" wrote in message
To continue my misinterpretation, I don't thing the British did as well in
the War of 1812. They lost on Lake Erie and Lake Champlain. Think they
were winning in the Atlantic though. There was a strange little war on

the
west coast in the 1840's also, over some little island or something and if
I recall both countries disavowed it and had it settled by a commission
later. I'll shut up about now.

Hmmm. I wonder if you're referring to the San Juan Island "Pig War".

http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/pigwars.html

"The Pig War began on June 15, 1859, when an American settler named Lyman
Cutlar shot and killed a trespassing pig belonging to Englishman Charles
Griffin of the Hudson Bay Company. "It was eating my potatoes," said Cutlar,
who had already warned Griffin to keep his pig out his potato patch. "It is
up to you to keep your potatoes out of my pig," was Griffin's reply."

I'd say Cutlar did just that. Makes me proud to be an American.

Holocaust Denial Charges Coming! Al Patrick Shortwave 25 March 5th 05 06:17 PM
atmospheric correction John Doe Antenna 1 March 10th 04 10:49 PM
CORRECTION!!! R274C Shortwave 0 July 25th 03 11:32 PM
Halli S-38 FS Correction milradio Equipment 0 July 8th 03 01:13 PM
Halli S-38 FS Correction milradio Equipment 0 July 8th 03 01:13 PM