RadioBanter

-   -   Recommend Best MW/AM Band Radio (+ Antenna) (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/67807-recommend-best-mw-am-band-radio-antenna.html)

[email protected] March 27th 05 09:56 PM

Recommend Best MW/AM Band Radio (+ Antenna)

I have owned dozens of radio's over the years, including many
shortwave. What I really want is an excellent MW/Commercial AM radio.
Seems like it is getting harder and harder to get good AM reception.
Probably due to many other electronic devices creating interference. I
live in a large city and even the strong city AM stations don't come in
so clear.

What does everyone here suggest for a good radio? (Portable) Either new
or used.

I guess I also need to consider some kind of external or outside
antenna. What kind of antenna's does everyone recommend? How about the
C Crace dual ferrite at around $99 dollars.

Anyway thanks to all in advance...

Greg