RadioBanter

-   -   Art Bell's newest toy (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/68274-art-bells-newest-toy.html)

lsmyer April 3rd 05 07:17 PM

Art Bell's newest toy

Last night, Art Bell opened his program talking about the brand new radio he
just got from Yaesu. He said that this particular unit happens to be the
very first one in the US, and maybe even the world. From what I can
remember, it had a price tag of $11,000 and weighed about 80 pounds. He said
that there would be a link to a picture on his website. I fell asleep before
I learned anything more about it. But I do remember hearing that he wants to
use this next week as playtime, and we'll get a full report next weekend.

If anyone is interested, here's a link to the site. Just click where it says
"Photo from 4/2/05" which is directly under the words "Art's Webcam."
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/.../02.html#recap

I have a feeling that some lucky hams will be receiving Mr Bell just a
little better than normal this next week thanks to his brand new Yaesu
transceiver.

Brian Hill April 3rd 05 07:35 PM

"lsmyer" wrote in message
[...]

That's the new FTDX-9000. It's there ultimate $10K plus to compete with
Icom's IC-7800 and Ten-Tec's Orion. Awesome!!

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Greg April 3rd 05 07:42 PM

From: "lsmyer"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:17:43 -0400
Subject: Art Bell's newest toy

[...]

The man does have nice toys!

Greg

[email protected] April 3rd 05 08:14 PM

Art Bell's voice always puts me to sleep.Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy
gawdddddd,,,,,, The ONLY radio talk show host (are you listening,Art
Bell and George Noory?) that was ever any good on coasttocoastam was The
Babe In The Bunker,Barbara Simpson,and she is no fool either.
cuhulin

Telamon April 3rd 05 08:20 PM

In article ,
"lsmyer" wrote:

[...]

That can't be good radio. It does not have enough buttons and knobs on
it. You really think it weighs 80 pounds?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon April 3rd 05 08:23 PM

In article ,

From: "lsmyer"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:17:43 -0400

[...]

Yeah, Art worked second and third shift for many years to afford those
radios.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California