RadioBanter

-   -   "Voice of Justice" on 9495 kHz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/68483-%22voice-justice%22-9495-khz.html)

Invader3K April 7th 05 02:36 AM

"Voice of Justice" on 9495 kHz

"Voice of Justice from the Islamic Republic of Iran." Heard at
approximately 1:30 UTC, coming in strong here in Wisconsin. Male in
English gave frequencies and address for correspondence as well as
e-mail address. Was followed by religious statements.

dxAce April 7th 05 06:48 PM

Invader3K wrote:

"Voice of Justice from the Islamic Republic of Iran." Heard at
approximately 1:30 UTC, coming in strong here in Wisconsin. Male in
English gave frequencies and address for correspondence as well as
e-mail address. Was followed by religious statements.

I don't know about it being 'Justice', but it is certainly Iran.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Invader3K April 7th 05 07:39 PM

They said Voice of Justice, that's all I know.

running dogg April 8th 05 04:32 AM

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
"Invader3K" wrote:

They said Voice of Justice, that's all I know.

He was joking. We don't think of Justice as something that emanates from
Iran.

Voice of Justice is one of several sockpuppet stations run by VOIRI.
Passport doesn't have them down on that freq/time. I didn't try and tune
in because I was busy.

Anyway, this sort of self delusion seems common among the Islamic
fundies-the Taliban called their SW transmitter Voice of Shari'a, the
Shari'a being Islamic law. They are the law, they are justice, and Allah
makes sure that their justice is perfect. It would be like a Christian
right kook station calling itself "Voice of the Constitution". For a
short time we had a "Freedom's Voice" SW kook operation. And then
there's the "Voice of Tomorrow" pirate run by the National Alliance
15-20 years ago.

Invader3K April 8th 05 08:32 PM

Yeah, I was thinking Ace was joking after I posted that.

It was on again last night, but I seemed to encounter a lot more
interference, so the broadcast wasn't very listenable. (damn RF
noise...)