RadioBanter

-   -   Any mod sites for Sony ICF SW-77 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/68995-re-any-mod-sites-sony-icf-sw-77-a.html)

[email protected] April 15th 05 12:33 PM

Any mod sites for Sony ICF SW-77

jt pratt wrote:
I recently bought one of these in very good condition however I

notice that
the audio is very muddy/bassy when using the narrow filter. Also it

seems
to have little effect at separating stations.
The Sync also seems to work not as well as my Grundig 700. It sounds

tinny
on both upper and lower sync when locked in. Is this normal? I'll

bet the
sync detector on the '7600 works better. Please reply to the group

only and
thanks in advance.

The sync on the SW77 is superb and better than the sync on the 7600GR.
Audio is much better on the SW77--bassier than the 7600's, but I
wouldn't call it 'muddy' at all.

So, although I hate to say it, I suspect something is wrong with the
radio.

Steve

[email protected] April 16th 05 01:57 PM

Oh, I see. I was assuming that you had one of the newer SW77s, with the
11 element telescopic antenna. If you have one of the older models,
with the 9 element antenna, then I can't hazard a guess about what the
problem might be. I've never used one of those units, but they
apparently did suffer from a range of problems that disappeared in the
later ones.

Maybe someone else has an older unit and can float a few hypotheses.
Good luck with it!

Best,

Steve

[email protected] April 16th 05 02:02 PM

One more thing: You might make this same inquiry at
groups.yahoo.com/group/SONYICFSW77. There are some very knowledgeable
and helpful folks there.

Steve