Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17th 05, 12:06 AM
Frank Dresser

Default What tha?

"Ryan Logan" wrote in message
ocaldomain...
I was listening to my SW radio and was just surfing through channels when
I found one on the 31m band around frequency 10.00 Mhz. It was some kinda
christian evangalance show. Anyway, I had been listening for maybe 5
seconds to a good strong signal when I started hearing beeps very quietly
in the background.... Kinda like maybe picking up the phone on a 300 baud
modem. That's the best way I can describe it, which may not be very
accurate as I haven't heard a 300 baud modem in.... ever. Anyway, this is
the first time I've heard this since I've been listening to stations and
it sounded kind of odd. Anyone know what this could have been?

My first guess is the interference came from a SW utility station. There
are still alot of digital signals transmitted on SW. Some utility stations
share frequencies with some SW stations and some receivers might also be
sensitive to spurious out of band signals.

Here's a page with recordings of some utility signals:

http://www.wunclub.com/sounds/index.html

This is from:

http://www.wunclub.com/

Frank Dresser