RadioBanter

-   -   The Princeton EGGs are HERE (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/69182-princeton-eggs-here.html)

Pope ChocolateChipCookie I April 18th 05 10:23 AM

The Princeton EGGs are HERE

Click he http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

When you get to the above site, click on THE REALTIME DISPLAY
which is on the RIGHT side of the display.

----------------

A GLOBAL NETWORK of electronic devices produces continuous
random data sequences. Subtle patterns in the data are linked with
events that cause shared thoughts and emotions in millions of people.
The results challenge common ideas about the world, but independent
analyses confirm the unexpected patterns, and also indicate that they
cannot be attributed to ordinary physical forces or electromagnetic fields.

The Global Consciousness Project (GCP) is an international
collaboration created in 1998 to study the subtle reach of human
consciousness in the physical world. We maintain a network
of random event generators (REGs) with nodes in more than
50 locations, from Alaska to Fiji, on all continents, and in
nearly every time zone. The world map on the right has a
bright spot for each of the host sites

Moderate Mammal April 18th 05 10:53 AM

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 05:23:22 -0400, "Pope ChocolateChipCookie I"
wrote:

Click he http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Yes, interesting project. Sadly, the link only provides a sample of
the 'eggs' and therefore one cannot extrapolate that a significant
future event may occur. This according to the researchers.

When you get to the above site, click on THE REALTIME DISPLAY
which is on the RIGHT side of the display.

----------------

A GLOBAL NETWORK of electronic devices produces continuous
random data sequences. Subtle patterns in the data are linked with
events that cause shared thoughts and emotions in millions of people.

Maybe.

The results challenge common ideas about the world, but independent
analyses confirm the unexpected patterns, and also indicate that they
cannot be attributed to ordinary physical forces or electromagnetic fields.

Maybe. I would think this project is on the order of hypothesis.
IMHO.

--
Keith

The Global Consciousness Project (GCP) is an international
collaboration created in 1998 to study the subtle reach of human
consciousness in the physical world. We maintain a network
of random event generators (REGs) with nodes in more than
50 locations, from Alaska to Fiji, on all continents, and in
nearly every time zone. The world map on the right has a
bright spot for each of the host sites.

-------------------------------------

Fed up with illegal immigration?
_____
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/listarticles.cgi?117
http://www.saveourstate.org
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frostyA.htm
http://www.americanpatrol.com/LINKS/LINKS.html
http://www.vdare.com/links.htm
http://www.stoptheinvasion.com/links/
_____

"Cosmic upheaval is not so moving as a little child pondering the death
of a sparrow in the corner of a barn." -Anouk Aimee, French Actor
_____

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny", Aeschylus (525BC-456BC),
Agamemnon
_____

"I wear no Burka." - Mother Nature

----------
To send mail: remove hutch

John L. Jordan April 18th 05 11:04 AM

This is an entertaining site. It certainly did give some "eggheads"
something to do with their spare time and grant-money. They seem to
have forgotten that the most reliable Random Event Generator on the
planet is called "a human being." No one can predict what a person or
a group of people will do until they do it. "Lies, damned lies, and
statistics!" Everybody wants to know what the future holds. Not too
many folks are willing to admit that God in Christ is The One and Only
One who actually does hold in His Hands the future of the Earth, its
universe, and all they each contain. Meanwhile, He allows each and
every one of us to exist within the perfect Freedom of His Liberty.
Factor that.

Canada Simian Rojas April 18th 05 11:19 AM

random data sequences. Subtle patterns in the data are linked with
events that cause shared thoughts and emotions in millions of people.

They'll all be thinking: "Why did I buy this device?"

Cardinal Chunder April 18th 05 06:07 PM

[...]

What an absurd waste of time and money. For an encore perhaps they can:

* Study the sex lives of chipped potatoes.
* Hug trees and measure the emotional response (of the trees).
* Prance around in circles, squares and triangles. Measure the before
and after resonance in the walls.
* Paint left hand green, right hand red, place one in front of other and
rapidly alternate them during every waking hour for an entire month.
Observe effect on sanity.
* Sing Cilla Black hits for a week. Measure effect on world terrorism.
Change lyrics to remove the letter 'r' from every verse and repeat.
* Run through streets with 6ft inflatable hotdog screaming "LA LA LA"
over and over for two years. Compare climate change data to test period.
* Strap 50 mobile telephones to head, 50 to a tailors dummy head.
Observe which receives more wrong number calls over three year period.
* Navigate using only left hand turns and with a minimum distance of 10
yards between each turn. Measure time before other faculty members start
to call you weird, asshole, or kook.

I'm sure you'll agree that there is as much merit to all these studies.

Cardinal Ringold Flatulance V April 18th 05 07:00 PM

"Cardinal Chunder" wrote in message
m...

What an absurd waste of time and money. For an encore perhaps they can:

I'm sure you'll agree that there is as much merit to all these studies.

There is some science behind them, otherwise Princeton
University would not have sunk close to $40 Million into
this project, plus Art Bell swears by them, and that endorsement
alsone **is good enough for me**. : )

I WILL GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE - RIGHT NOW THE COLLEGE
OF CARDINALS IS CON-CLAVING TO SELECT THE NEXT POPE.
THEY WENT IN AN HOUR AGO AND SINCE THEN THE PRINCETON
EGGS HAVE BEEN GOING OFF LIKE A MEGA-BUCKS SLOT MACHINE
THAT JUST POPPED A PROGRESSIVE HIT IN LAS VEGAS !!!!

CONSIDER THAT BEFORE YOU POO-POO THE PRINCETON EGGS. ; )

John L. Jordan April 18th 05 07:38 PM

jeez, card, you don' hafta shout we can hear you ok but nobody's p00in'
just havin a bit of fun with the whimsy of human foible and endeavour,
that's all ((:-)} ain't life grand!!!

Cardinal Ringold Flatulance V April 19th 05 03:59 AM

"John L. Jordan" wrote in message
oups.com...
jeez, card, you don' hafta shout we can hear you ok but nobody's p00in'
just havin a bit of fun with the whimsy of human foible and endeavour,
that's all ((:-)} ain't life grand!!!

I know, I know...it's just fun to jump up on a discarded milk carton
shipping container every now and then and act like a phuckin loon.

-----

"Dobbstown" - It's the place that the Tunguska Meteroite finally
emerged after bouncing around inside the earth a couple of
times like a ball on a pool table...it's where the early worm gets
away....it's a place where there are NO lawyers and where the Government
NEVER tries to help you...it's a place where heredity nor environment
are not of any importance....it is a place where you will finally realize
why WhY
WHY!!....it is the place where the lamb and the lion lie down together
and have sex with each other....

Yes the place you SEEk is the Church Of the Subgenius!
The World's First, Only, Real True Religion!!
All this because our church *ADMITS* that it is FULL OF CRAP
it is the ONLY Church that *IS NOT* full of Crap !!!!

Praise "Bob"! --- www.subgenius.com

John Griffin April 19th 05 02:41 PM

"Pope ChocolateChipCookie I"
wrote:

[ "eggs" bull**** again ]

The people who run that are conducting a psychological experiment.
The objective is to find out what percent of humans will believe
utter nonsense.

Thanks for bringing it up again. It's always worth a chuckle.

Spambots, feed on this: