RadioBanter

-   -   AIR India Very Loud and Clear (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/69265-air-india-very-loud-clear.html)

David April 19th 05 02:46 PM

AIR India Very Loud and Clear

9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

34, -118

Drake R8B, 50' Random Wire

dxAce April 19th 05 02:54 PM

David wrote:

9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

Running about S5 here on the R8...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David April 19th 05 03:23 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:54:04 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

Running about S5 here on the R8...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Unlike the Eastern 2/3s of the USA, our best listening here on the
West Coast seems to be Asian and Oceana stations coming from the
Pacific in the Morning. There are a couple big Euro broadcasters with
late feeds to the West, but most of the Larry Magne prime time is over
before it gets dark here.

David April 20th 05 05:04 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:12:54 +0100, SR wrote:

David: I turnned in at 2:50 UTC, and CRI (for the Amer.) is on. Now it
is 3:10 UTC and CRI is still on. What time is AIR India on?

Sony ICF-2010 Telescopic + coil, North America

73, SR

David wrote:
9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

34, -118

Drake R8B, 50' Random Wire

1330 to 1500Z

500kW Bangalore to SE Asia.

(courtesy of The Blue Pages)

bpnjensen April 20th 05 05:36 PM

David wrote:

Unlike the Eastern 2/3s of the USA, our best listening here on the

West Coast seems to be Asian and Oceana stations coming from the
Pacific in the Morning. There are a couple big Euro broadcasters with
late feeds to the West, but most of the Larry Magne prime time is over
before it gets dark here.

Man, you ain't kiddin'. The big Euro stations that make for armchair
listening back east are solid DX for us left coasters. The Eastern
Euros are often downright tough, even the 500 kW boys. Prague is
usually impossible at my QTH near San Francisco. Italy and Bulgaria
need excellent conditions to be readable. The other Balkans and
Baltics are uniformly tough, even in winter.

South America, Africa and East Asia, OTOH, are frequently readable or
better.

Bruce Jensen

David April 21st 05 01:59 AM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:52:37 GMT, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
roups.com...
David wrote:

Unlike the Eastern 2/3s of the USA, our best listening here on the

West Coast seems to be Asian and Oceana stations coming from the
Pacific in the Morning. There are a couple big Euro broadcasters with
late feeds to the West, but most of the Larry Magne prime time is over
before it gets dark here.

Man, you ain't kiddin'. The big Euro stations that make for armchair
listening back east are solid DX for us left coasters. The Eastern
Euros are often downright tough, even the 500 kW boys. Prague is
usually impossible at my QTH near San Francisco. Italy and Bulgaria
need excellent conditions to be readable. The other Balkans and
Baltics are uniformly tough, even in winter.

How well do you guys receive WWCR, WWRB, WRMI and WBCQ?

Frank Dresser

They're there, but weak and noisy. I used to live in Texas during the
'88 Solar Max and that was lots better. KUSW lives!

Telamon April 21st 05 04:42 AM

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
David wrote:

Unlike the Eastern 2/3s of the USA, our best listening here on the

West Coast seems to be Asian and Oceana stations coming from the
Pacific in the Morning. There are a couple big Euro broadcasters with
late feeds to the West, but most of the Larry Magne prime time is over
before it gets dark here.

Man, you ain't kiddin'. The big Euro stations that make for armchair
listening back east are solid DX for us left coasters. The Eastern
Euros are often downright tough, even the 500 kW boys. Prague is
usually impossible at my QTH near San Francisco. Italy and Bulgaria
need excellent conditions to be readable. The other Balkans and
Baltics are uniformly tough, even in winter.

How well do you guys receive WWCR, WWRB, WRMI and WBCQ?

WWCR is usually a very good signal from late afternoon and nights and
early mornings. Late mornings to mid afternoons are generally weak
signals. The other are similar in reception pattern but much weaker than
WWCR at any time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Frank Dresser April 22nd 05 03:46 PM

"Telamon" wrote in message

WWCR is usually a very good signal from late afternoon and nights and
early mornings. Late mornings to mid afternoons are generally weak
signals. The other are similar in reception pattern but much weaker than
WWCR at any time.

That's good to know. I'll be spending an upcoming weekend in Southern
California and even a limited amount of domestic SW should be enough to keep
me from Jonesin' for Hidden Knowledge.

Frank Dresser

[email protected] April 22nd 05 05:38 PM

David wrote:
9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

34, -118

Drake R8B, 50' Random Wire

I hope this means you finally repaired your antenna.

Steve

David April 22nd 05 05:59 PM

On 22 Apr 2005 09:38:01 -0700, wrote:

David wrote:
9690 S-7 (preamp off) 1345Z

34, -118

Drake R8B, 50' Random Wire

I hope this means you finally repaired your antenna.

Steve

You have some serious problems there, Osgood. When I build an
antenna, it's good until the co-ax wears out.