Old May 3rd 05, 06:47 PM
dxAce

Default COMSTA Kodiak

Coast Guard COMSTA Kodiak, Alaska coming in surprisingly well this afternoon on
8983 calling Coast Guard aircraft 6006 which seems a bit odd as the WUN site has
6006 homeplate as Mobile, Alabama.

Even Pt. Reyes, California is booming in this afternoon calling 1716, homeplate
Sacramento.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 3rd 05, 07:45 PM
John Kasupski

On Tue, 03 May 2005 13:47:31 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Coast Guard COMSTA Kodiak, Alaska coming in surprisingly well this afternoon on
8983 calling Coast Guard aircraft 6006 which seems a bit odd as the WUN site has
6006 homeplate as Mobile, Alabama.

An aircraft's HOMEPLATE is merely that aircraft's "home" airfield,
which is not necessarily the one from which it is operating.

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin

Old May 3rd 05, 08:05 PM
dxAce

wrote:

Coast Guard COMSTA Kodiak, Alaska coming in surprisingly well this afternoon on
8983 calling Coast Guard aircraft 6006 which seems a bit odd as the WUN site has
6006 homeplate as Mobile, Alabama.

An aircraft's HOMEPLATE is merely that aircraft's "home" airfield,
which is not necessarily the one from which it is operating.

No kidding... still a bit odd as the homeplate is GENERALLY where it does operate
from. And the fact that Kodiak was trying to communicate with them simply indicates
that a change may have taken place which is not currently listed on WUN.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 3rd 05, 08:11 PM
dxAce

wrote:

Coast Guard COMSTA Kodiak, Alaska coming in surprisingly well this afternoon on
8983 calling Coast Guard aircraft 6006 which seems a bit odd as the WUN site has
6006 homeplate as Mobile, Alabama.

An aircraft's HOMEPLATE is merely that aircraft's "home" airfield,
which is not necessarily the one from which it is operating.

I just love it when the debutantes think they are telling me something they think I
don't know!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 3rd 05, 10:22 PM
John Kasupski

wrote:

Coast Guard COMSTA Kodiak, Alaska coming in surprisingly well this afternoon on
8983 calling Coast Guard aircraft 6006 which seems a bit odd as the WUN site has
6006 homeplate as Mobile, Alabama.

An aircraft's HOMEPLATE is merely that aircraft's "home" airfield,
which is not necessarily the one from which it is operating.

Hmmm...first you replied with this:

No kidding... still a bit odd as the homeplate is GENERALLY where it does operate
from. And the fact that Kodiak was trying to communicate with them simply indicates
that a change may have taken place which is not currently listed on WUN.

That might have gotten you somewhere, but then you had to duck into a
phone booth, turn into Super Jerk, and come out with:

I just love it when the debutantes think they are telling me something they think I
don't know!

Very well, Mr. Know-It-All, go ahead and stay stupid, and excuse me
for trying to help. You can now go try to figure out for yourself why
CG 6006 is operating from AIRSTA Sitka instead of ATC Mobile where it
is homeplated, because I'm sure not going to tell you. Oh, and welcome
to my killfile, which is already so loaded with mouthy, condescending
jerks such as yourself that one more won't even be noticed.

Old May 3rd 05, 10:40 PM
dxAce

wrote:

[...]

I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out. I have sources! And, I'm hardly 'stupid'.

You offered no 'help' what so ever to begin with other than a simple dissertation on
'homeplate'. If you knew why CG 6006 was there at the time perhaps you should have stated
such, instead you simply told me that you were a 'tard, and I appreciate that
information.

You were the original 'mouthy' one telling me what I already knew.

See ya, 'tard boy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 4th 05, 04:00 AM
m II

John Kasupski wrote:

That might have gotten you somewhere, but then you had to duck into a
phone booth, turn into Super Jerk, and come out with:

I just love it when the debutantes think they are telling me something they think I
don't know!

Please forgive him. Insults are the only form of interpersonal communication he
knows. He got nasty when the NeoCons rejected his membership application.

mike
Old May 4th 05, 01:00 PM
dxAce

wrote:

[...]

Oh yes, I rarely pay to much attention to folks who have those phony SWL /Scanner
callsigns. Sure sign of a debutante poseur.

Grow up.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 4th 05, 03:04 PM
David

wrote:

[...]

I loved getting the Loompanics Unlimited catalogs.