RadioBanter

-   -   Bad E-W MW propagation (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/70634-bad-e-w-mw-propagation.html)

Ron Hardin May 9th 05 10:58 AM

Bad E-W MW propagation

The E-W MW propagation just before sunrise is bad this morning.

N-S seems fine.

Central Ohio at 5:30am, I hear Cubans over WFAN 660 NYC - I can null the Cubans
and then WFAN is way down in the noise where normally it's a local until about 5:50
(and comes back around 6:30 as a 2-hop skip, replacing the nighttime 1-hop).

The local WCLT 1430, normally unreadable owing to incoming E-W skip on the frequency,
sounds like a local.

WRDW 1630 Augusta GA is loud over its competitor KCJJ 1630 Iowa City.

--
Ron Hardin

Doug Smith W9WI May 9th 05 11:14 AM

Ron Hardin wrote:
The E-W MW propagation just before sunrise is bad this morning.

I note the A index is 46 at 0800z.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66