RadioBanter

-   -   Grundig "Design by Porsche" No sensitivity on Reception ????? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/72361-grundig-%22design-porsche%22-no-sensitivity-reception.html)

Jay June 6th 05 01:28 PM

Grundig "Design by Porsche" No sensitivity on Reception ?????

I have a Grundig SW receiver "Design by Porschie" that I purchased
new. The SW reception has always been Expremely Poor- no sensitivity-
even when the Propagation level is Superior.
If anyone has knowlege of this Grundig SW set, I would appreciate
your experience. Is it possible that the set has been defective since
new ?
Thanks
Jay

John Smith June 6th 05 02:30 PM

I have owned a few Grundig radios, over the years the quality has
declined--they still sell they at the prices they do because they are
relying on their past reputation--a reputation which is no longer
deserved for the cheap plastic junk they are dumping on us at inflated
prices...

Warmest regards,
John

Mark S. Holden June 6th 05 03:02 PM

Jay wrote:

I have a Grundig SW receiver "Design by Porschie" that I purchased
new. The SW reception has always been Expremely Poor- no sensitivity-
even when the Propagation level is Superior.
If anyone has knowlege of this Grundig SW set, I would appreciate
your experience. Is it possible that the set has been defective since
new ?
Thanks
Jay

Perhaps your wording is a little stronger than most, but your observations seem
to be typical for this model.

John S. June 6th 05 04:35 PM

Don't have personal experience with that model, but isn't it a rebadged
Degen or Tecsun model?
If so, sensitivity doesn't seem to be a problem with their radios.

A couple of questions:
What radio are you comparing it to.
Which bands are you listening to and when.

John

Dan June 7th 05 02:51 AM

Here's a review..

http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/m...ers/p2000.html

Not your business June 7th 05 03:24 AM

On 6 Jun 2005 08:35:01 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Don't have personal experience with that model, but isn't it a rebadged
Degen or Tecsun model?
If so, sensitivity doesn't seem to be a problem with their radios.

Most are rebadged Tecsuns. The Porsche model is a low end model that
peforms worse than the pocket size models.