RadioBanter

-   -   poll: anyone got a Degen 1105 yet? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/72392-poll-anyone-got-degen-1105-yet.html)

pjh June 7th 05 05:26 AM

poll: anyone got a Degen 1105 yet?

My folks happen to be going to China/Hong Kong next week and I asked
them to pick one up for me. Anybody know where I can get an Engrish
manual or even whether I should get one at all?

Already have an 1102...

Paul

Jim Hackett June 7th 05 04:43 PM

No SSB. What a shame...

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Have them Get one.

Shirt pocket size, double reduction, 1,000 memories..

( Specs / Comments below )

- - AM/FM/SW Multiband Receiver - -
* FM: 70.0-108.0MHz (Includes Campus radio in China), tuning steps
50KHz/100KHz
* MW: 522 - 1620KHz, tuning steps 1KHz/9KHz
* SW: 5.800 - 26.100MHz steps of 1KHz/5KHz.
* Double conversion receiver with high sensitivity and high
selectivity.
* Five tuning methods: Rocker buttons, Manual, Auto, Memory recall,
direct frequency input, and ATS
* Memory: 1000 stations (non volatile)
* Two volume control methods: Digital buttons and analog.
* 32 level volume control, shown on screen.
* Digital buttons with 3 modes: Fast and slow tuning steps, and volume
tuning.
* Intelligent battery auto-charge, with display of charging process.
* Intelligent manual battery charge, with time remaining to full charge
display.
* Display and Keypad backlight. Two backlight mode settings.
* Ten point signal metre.
* FM Mono/Stereo with Bass selection.
* Three alarm timers with 3 frequencies and 3 volume settings.
* Sleep timer adjustable from 1 -99 minutes.
* Time and temperature display, accurate to .5 of a degree. (That's
what it says! And as it's in China, that would be Celsius degree).
* On/Off electronic lock.
* Metre band display and selection.
* Error display for incorrect keypad operation.
* Battery charge display, auto shut-off when battery runs out.
* BTL power amplifier CMOS chip with excellent sound.
* Signal can be increased with an external antenna.
* Takes two AA batteries.
* Comes with: high quality earphone, external antenna wire, 220v AC
adapter, two AA size rechargeable NiMH batteries and soft flannelette
slipcover.
* Dimensions:118x75x23.5mm (4.64" x 2.95" x .925" inches)

Conner comments that the most exciting thing about the DE1105 is it's
size as it would make an excellent pocket radio. Agreed! He also
mentions that he saw on a SW Chinese BBS that will be listed for mail
order in China for around 330 RMB (Yuan) (US$40 +/-)

John S. June 7th 05 06:20 PM

Thanks for the overview. How are the memories organized...groups of 50
maybe???

Sanjaya June 7th 05 06:33 PM

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
k.net...
No SSB. What a shame...

That's why I didn't get one.

lsmyer June 8th 05 03:26 PM

If you can stand Yahoo Groups, there's already an active one for the DE1105
that seems to answer most of your questions.