RadioBanter

-   -   FA: Marker Beacon Transmitter (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/72505-fa-marker-beacon-transmitter.html)

Jhon June 9th 05 03:16 AM

FA: Marker Beacon Transmitter

Invader3K June 11th 05 05:07 AM

It looks neat...would anyone actually have a practical use for
something like that though?

Bo Williams June 11th 05 02:32 PM

Invader3K wrote:
It looks neat...would anyone actually have a practical use for
something like that though?

You'd have to want it pretty badly. His handy-dandy shipping calculator
tells me that shipping is $191.90 to me in northern Alabama. To a
California address (where he is), it's still almost $100.

(The thing only weighs 48 lbs.)
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/

Invader3K June 12th 05 11:20 PM

Heh...shipping to me would be about $176. Sounds like he's trying to
pull the old "sneak in the inflated shipping charges to make some money
on something no one really wants that bad" trick.