RadioBanter

-   -   Numbers station on 9985 khz? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/73154-numbers-station-9985-khz.html)

[email protected] June 21st 05 03:08 AM

Numbers station on 9985 khz?

I heard an odd numbers station on 9985 earlier this evening. Its
transmission ended at 10:00pm EST. I'm not good at identifying
languages, but it wasn't Spanish. It sounded like it might be Arabic,
or perhaps Eastern European. I looked for info on this station, but
haven't turned up anything yet.

Any of you numbers officionados familiar with this one?

Steve

Simon Mason June 21st 05 11:30 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I heard an odd numbers station on 9985 earlier this evening. Its
transmission ended at 10:00pm EST. I'm not good at identifying
languages, but it wasn't Spanish. It sounded like it might be Arabic,
or perhaps Eastern European. I looked for info on this station, but
haven't turned up anything yet.

Any of you numbers officionados familiar with this one?

Is it one of these?
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page56.html

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

[email protected] June 21st 05 12:47 PM

My best guess is that it was station S10D. It was a female voice and it
was broadcast in AM mode. I only caught the last few minutes of the
transmission....otherwise I'd have recorded it.

Steve