RadioBanter

-   -   Army funding chinese radios (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74290-army-funding-chinese-radios.html)

Conan Ford July 9th 05 05:51 PM

Army funding chinese radios

http://www.special-operations-techno....cfm?DocID=748

Zhao noted USSOCOM has already purchased about 100,000 KA-008 units. Some
were hand-delivered to Iraqi civilians by U.S. soldiers. “[In the desert],
power is the first concern. Second is the cost—you are not going to give
away an expensive unit. This is a specially made radio. We make it
workable, durable and [capable] of working on all ranges, but low cost,
with all possible powers. We make the [KA-008] to airdrop into Iraq and
Kabul.”

http://msnbc.com/c/0/144/706/ssMain....ld=7&res=10x7&
0ss=N2b0144706

Links from he http://www.kaitousa.com/dynamo.htm

If true, what the posters of this newsgroup do as far as purchasing is not
going to make much of a difference.