RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Furniture? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74602-radio-furniture.html)

Brian Denley July 15th 05 04:08 AM

Radio Furniture?

Anyone know of a place that sells amateur or SWL type furniture? I am
looking for deep shelves that can hold some heavy and not so heavy receivers
(and other gear).
Thanks

--
Brian Denley

DesignGuy July 15th 05 06:20 AM

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
Anyone know of a place that sells amateur or SWL type furniture? I am
looking for deep shelves that can hold some heavy and not so heavy

receivers
(and other gear).
Thanks

--
Brian Denley

I'm using office furniture with risers about 10" or so high and 12-14" deep.
It works well for standard-sized table radios and puts the dials closer to
eye level. Install some under-shelf lighting under the riser and it works
great.

Jim Douglas July 15th 05 11:53 AM

I ended up building my own. I'm not Tim the toolman either. Although they
don't look all that great, they work! BTW it was bookshelfs to hold radios,
lots of nooks for books, scanner, radios, have antenna stuff screwed to it
also.

David July 15th 05 01:32 PM

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/546551/

Brian Denley July 15th 05 05:07 PM