RadioBanter

-   -   Odd comms on 5.1675MHz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74655-odd-comms-5-1675mhz.html)

[email protected] July 16th 05 03:23 AM

Odd comms on 5.1675MHz

At 4:00EDT (22:00Z) today I heard what appeared to be
some sort of medical emergecny comm. Very weak and
fluttery. Right t the lower limits of my equipment.
Ic ould make out every other word or so from one
station. And very excited YL/SYL. I could just tell
there was another station responing.

My first thought was I had received a "State of Alaska
emergency HF channel" comm. My first. But given the very
bad band conditions, I somehow doubt a most likely mobile
could make it to here.

Is this freq still asigned to stte wide Alaska emregency
service?

Does anyone know of any other service that might use
5167.5KHz?

Terry