RadioBanter

-   -   Comms on 5714 khz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74790-comms-5714-khz.html)

[email protected] July 18th 05 04:30 AM

Comms on 5714 khz

I've been hearing comms on this frequency on and off for the last day
or so. Unfortuately, the static crashes have been so severe it's hard
to following what's being said. It sounds like some sort of exercise,
though, and I believe that 5714 is used by the Navy.

I've been listening from my home in Brooklyn, NY. Some of you might
want to keep an eye on this frequency. There are long periods of
inactivity, but with a little luck your patience will be rewarded.

Steve

dxAce July 18th 05 11:38 AM

wrote:

I've been hearing comms on this frequency on and off for the last day
or so. Unfortuately, the static crashes have been so severe it's hard
to following what's being said. It sounds like some sort of exercise,
though, and I believe that 5714 is used by the Navy.

I've been listening from my home in Brooklyn, NY. Some of you might
want to keep an eye on this frequency. There are long periods of
inactivity, but with a little luck your patience will be rewarded.

Yeah, there has been an exercise going on there for at least a week. Carrier
battlegroup most likely.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] July 19th 05 12:56 AM

dxAce wrote:
wrote:

I've been hearing comms on this frequency on and off for the last day
or so. Unfortuately, the static crashes have been so severe it's hard
to following what's being said. It sounds like some sort of exercise,
though, and I believe that 5714 is used by the Navy.

I've been listening from my home in Brooklyn, NY. Some of you might
want to keep an eye on this frequency. There are long periods of
inactivity, but with a little luck your patience will be rewarded.

Yeah, there has been an exercise going on there for at least a week. Carrier
battlegroup most likely.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Lots of activity there tonight. For anyone who's interested, here's
what it sounds like from Brooklyn:

renopithicus.tripod.com/5714.wav

Hope this link works. If it doesn't, try pasting the URL into your
browser.

Steve

Michael July 19th 05 01:09 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've been hearing comms on this frequency on and off for the last day
or so. Unfortuately, the static crashes have been so severe it's hard
to following what's being said. It sounds like some sort of exercise,
though, and I believe that 5714 is used by the Navy.

I've been listening from my home in Brooklyn, NY. Some of you might
want to keep an eye on this frequency. There are long periods of
inactivity, but with a little luck your patience will be rewarded.

Steve

Has been constant voice com the past hour. Listening now at 00:05 UTC.

Michael