RadioBanter

-   -   Cozumel, Mexico, Any word ?? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74813-cozumel-mexico-any-word.html)

[email protected] July 18th 05 04:16 PM

Cozumel, Mexico, Any word ??

Got a Direct hit from Emily, 135 MPH + winds
Very low lying island..nothing on the news..

Any one down there broadcasting ??

Anyone hear anything ?

David July 18th 05 04:30 PM

On 18 Jul 2005 08:16:55 -0700, wrote:

Got a Direct hit from Emily, 135 MPH + winds
Very low lying island..nothing on the news..

Any one down there broadcasting ??

Anyone hear anything ?

From what I saw on TV, the Mexicans were way better prepared than
those people in Florida. The shelters had real beds, not cots, and a
very nice buffet.

dxAce July 18th 05 04:37 PM

David wrote:

On 18 Jul 2005 08:16:55 -0700, wrote:

Got a Direct hit from Emily, 135 MPH + winds
Very low lying island..nothing on the news..

Any one down there broadcasting ??

Anyone hear anything ?

From what I saw on TV, the Mexicans were way better prepared than
those people in Florida. The shelters had real beds, not cots, and a
very nice buffet.

That was at a swanky resort was it not? Where the folks were taken out of their
individual bungalows and brought into a main building, hence the very nice
buffet?

I rather doubt all of Mexico is that prepared, elsewise they'd be ready to
welcome back all the illegals that are here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David July 18th 05 04:46 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:37:36 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

On 18 Jul 2005 08:16:55 -0700, wrote:

Got a Direct hit from Emily, 135 MPH + winds
Very low lying island..nothing on the news..

Any one down there broadcasting ??

Anyone hear anything ?

From what I saw on TV, the Mexicans were way better prepared than
those people in Florida. The shelters had real beds, not cots, and a
very nice buffet.

That was at a swanky resort was it not? Where the folks were taken out of their
individual bungalows and brought into a main building, hence the very nice
buffet?

I rather doubt all of Mexico is that prepared, elsewise they'd be ready to
welcome back all the illegals that are here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The Mayan Riviera is doing pretty well. I doubt too many are fleeing
for economic reasons.

[email protected] July 18th 05 06:44 PM

NO ONE

no one..

would ever assign a Reporter / Filmcrew to the area where
a Cat 4 hurricane crosses the coastline

- I mean, unless they want to get into the Body recovery
/ Liablilty Lawsuit Business..

Dealing with Grieving Widows & Orphans & such..?

All the film crews I've seen have been parked well inland,
in fortified buildings,
possibly with Aux. Power

Please go back to Sat Radio & don't venture out side of
Strip Mall America

[email protected] July 18th 05 07:02 PM

One of the Dumbest responses I'v read in a Long time..

NO ONE

would send a reporter to go into an area where there would be major
devastation..

They're parked somewhere safe, well away from the coastline
in a storm proof shelter..

Possibly at a place that has Aux. Power..

Send a Film crew down to where the Cat 4 eyewall is going to hit the
coast..?

Unless you like Million Dollar Liability Lawsuits.. Grieving Widows &
Orphans

- Don't think so,..

David, you have outdone yourself..

- Please stay where you are in Strip Mall America..

dxAce July 18th 05 10:33 PM

David wrote:

On 18 Jul 2005 11:02:08 -0700, wrote:

One of the Dumbest responses I'v read in a Long time..

NO ONE

would send a reporter to go into an area where there would be major
devastation..

They're parked somewhere safe, well away from the coastline
in a storm proof shelter..

Possibly at a place that has Aux. Power..

Send a Film crew down to where the Cat 4 eyewall is going to hit the
coast..?

Unless you like Million Dollar Liability Lawsuits.. Grieving Widows &
Orphans

- Don't think so,..

David, you have outdone yourself..

- Please stay where you are in Strip Mall America..

Dan Rather 1961

What happened in 1961? Did he fabricate a story then too?

LMAO at the drug addled 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David July 18th 05 11:12 PM

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:33:03 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

What happened in 1961? Did he fabricate a story then too?

LMAO at the drug addled 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Here you go.

(X)Yours in tardiness...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in678646.shtml

dxAce July 18th 05 11:15 PM

wrote:

What happened in 1961? Did he fabricate a story then too?

LMAO at the drug addled 'tard boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Here you go.

(X)Yours in tardiness...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in678646.shtml

What does that have to do with the fact that you're a drug addled 'tard?

dxAce
Michigan
USA