RadioBanter

-   -   Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/74880-radio-tanzania-zanzibar.html)

dxAce July 19th 05 07:01 PM

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar heard at 1800 with news in English on 11735.

Drumbeats and time-pips preceded the news, read by a female announcer.

The news in English generally last 10 minutes or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

bpnjensen July 19th 05 08:21 PM

dxAce wrote:

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar heard at 1800 with news in English on 11735

snips

Hi, dxAce - good news, thanks. Usually, in the past, I have heard
these guys on 11734 - in this, your recent observation, have they
actually adjusted their frequency to the standard 5-kHz increment?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

dxAce July 19th 05 10:10 PM

bpnjensen wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Radio Tanzania-Zanzibar heard at 1800 with news in English on 11735

snips

Hi, dxAce - good news, thanks. Usually, in the past, I have heard
these guys on 11734 - in this, your recent observation, have they
actually adjusted their frequency to the standard 5-kHz increment?

Yes, apparently so after their many months of being off the air. It's certainly
good to see them back.

dxAce
Michigan
USA