RadioBanter

-   -   The price of a Tank of Petrol (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/75322-price-tank-petrol.html)

AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards July 27th 05 04:15 AM

The price of a Tank of Petrol

Islam like Christianity has many versions

And We must be careful not to brand all Muslims as the root
cause................ but focus on
Wahhabi Islam.

The continuing American support to Saudi Arabia is
puzzling

Not only do we have to watch the Americans do nothing about Saudi
Arabia the home of Wahhabi Islam we also have to put up with their
allowing Wahhabi Islam
Preachers to travel to Australia to promote ****

I dont know where the latest one here in Sydney preaching Wahhabi Islam

came from in the USA

But I Think it was Atlanta ...

We could ask the Americans to give Atlanta the falujah Treament on his
return

Yes...look youd get rid of a few of the real troublemakers

Pity about the other innocent residents

They got caught in Cross Fire

http://www.aussieseek.com

[email protected] July 27th 05 04:27 AM

I bought regular gasoline this afternoon at the MurphyUSA gas station
for $2.07.9 per gallon.A few days ago,it was $2.04.9 per gallon.
www.jacksongasprices.com
cuhulin

[email protected] July 27th 05 04:37 AM

It never fails.Everytime we are fixin to go to war with whichever
country,there is a long stream of Aircraft getting out of Dodge.Why is
that,y'all may ask? Glad y'all asked.It is because U.S.fed govt deals
with the enemy (I am not joking either) and allows the rich folks with
their gold and jewelry and wives and families and girlfriends to get out
of harms way.
cuhulin

PowerHouse Communications July 27th 05 04:59 PM

Must be nice... What's your location? It's $2.33.9 here in Northern MI at
MurphyUSA. Last week it was $2.39.9 Of course, I used my Wally-World
shopping card and saved 3¢ per Gal...

[email protected] July 27th 05 08:24 PM

I bought the gasoine for my car at the MurphyUSA gas station at the
other side of the parking lot at the Wal Mart Supercenter store at the
intersection of Highway 18 and Greenway Drive here in
Jackson,Mississippi.(West side of Jackson) The location is one and six
tenths miles South (South is always best) of my couch.I just now checked
www.jacksongasprices.com and it is still the same price right now.For
whatever reason (and I don't know why) the price of gasoline around here
usually is a little cheaper that in other parts of U.S.A.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 27th 05 08:32 PM

www.jacksongasprices.com says $2.02 with card at the Kroger store at
I-20 & Springridge Road.That location is about four and a half miles
West of me.All of my vehicles burn regular gasoline.
cuhulin

uncle arnie July 28th 05 07:08 PM

Jim Hackett wrote:

My 300ZX takes premium ONLY which is a paltry $2.87/gallon here in San
Jose, typically...

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
Must be nice... What's your location? It's $2.33.9 here in Northern MI

at
MurphyUSA. Last week it was $2.39.9 Of course, I used my Wally-World
shopping card and saved 3¢ per Gal...

I am back from a trip to Europe and saw prices for a litre at 1.20 Euro
range. This works out to 4.53 euros per US gal, or about 5.38/US gal in
Europe. We took the train everywhere.....

Jim Hackett July 28th 05 08:13 PM

I was watching this British car show last night called Top Gear. On the
show one of the hosts mentioned that "petrol" was between $8 and $9 U.S. a
gallon in England...

[email protected] July 28th 05 08:43 PM

I have seen that Top Gear tv show before.
cuhulin

yachtboy! July 28th 05 08:47 PM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:13:42 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

I was watching this British car show last night called Top Gear. On the
show one of the hosts mentioned that "petrol" was between $8 and $9 U.S. a
gallon in England...

$2.06 in SOMO this afternoon.

==========
"Being diabetic is alot like having an un-invited
guest at a picnic, who keeps pointing out the potato
salad may have gone bad."--W.B. Willis

[email protected] July 28th 05 10:59 PM

About three years ago when I was listening to the Roger Fredinburg radio
talk show www.regularguy.com a guy in either Texas or New Mexico
phoned into Roger's show and he said he retired from working at an oil
refinery.He explained how gasoline is a waste byproduct of the oil
refineries.Of course the gasoline at the oil refineries is cleaned up
and certain kinds of chemicals are added to the gasoline to make it burn
cleaner and perform better and there is the infrastructure and cost of
delivering the gasoliine (and diesel fuel too) to the gas stations.Los
Angeles (and many other cities in U.S.A.) used to have a very good
trolley car system many years ago untill the crooked Rockefella's had
the trolley system torn down in favor of oil and automobiles.Yesterday
or the day before,I read an article about the mayor of Los Angeles wants
to wean the people of Los Angeles away from their vehicles and on to
public transportation.The price of gasoline is very costly in many more
ways than one.I once read somewhere that most of the people in Europe
drive diesel engine powered vehicles.Jackson used to have a trolley car
system too,I wish the old fashioned trolley cars would come back.Most of
the trolley cars in U.S.A.were sold to South American countries where
many of them are still being used today.Some of the old trolley cars in
U.S.A.many years ago had a platform on the back of them and the trolley
cars were pulled along by horse's.When they got to the top of a
hill,they would let the horse ride on the platform on the down hill
runs.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 28th 05 11:14 PM

www.mindfully.org Click on the Energy link and then scroll down and
click on where it says,A Turkey in your Tank.
cuhulin

Ian Smith July 30th 05 02:16 AM

wrote in message
[...]

All you guys have to do, over there in the USA, is make your
vehicles more fuel-efficient. Then you don't have to rely on
middle-eastern dictatorships/colonies to supply the oil. Over here in
Scotland, it's not perfect by a long way, but at least we have cars
which do decent miles-per-gallon (40+). A necessity, with gasoline
over $5/gallon.

regards,

Ian, Clydebank, Scotland.

[email protected] July 30th 05 04:58 AM

You don't get it,Scotland boy,girl,Minnie Pearl.This is America and we
like BIG vehicles.I own some vehicles bigger than all of Scotland.
cuhulin

Ian Smith July 30th 05 10:23 AM

wrote in message
You don't get it,Scotland boy,girl,Minnie Pearl.This is America and
we
like BIG vehicles.I own some vehicles bigger than all of Scotland.
cuhulin

Oh, I get it alright. You have the right to waste gas with your
big, inefficient vehicles, no matter how much imported oil it takes to
fill them up. That's ok then.

dxAce July 30th 05 12:23 PM

"AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards" wrote:

Islam like Christianity has many versions

And We must be careful not to brand all Muslims as the root
cause................ but focus on
Wahhabi Islam.

The continuing American support to Saudi Arabia is
puzzling

Not only do we have to watch the Americans do nothing about Saudi
Arabia the home of Wahhabi Islam we also have to put up with their
allowing Wahhabi Islam
Preachers to travel to Australia to promote ****

Gee, are the Australians doing anything about Saudi Arabia?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce July 30th 05 12:39 PM

-=jd=- wrote:

On Fri 29 Jul 2005 09:16:04p, "Ian Smith"
wrote in message :

{Snipped}

All you guys have to do, over there in the USA, is make your
vehicles more fuel-efficient. Then you don't have to rely on
middle-eastern dictatorships/colonies to supply the oil. Over here in
Scotland, it's not perfect by a long way, but at least we have cars
which do decent miles-per-gallon (40+). A necessity, with gasoline
over $5/gallon.

regards,

Ian, Clydebank, Scotland.

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much of your per-gallon price is the actual
cost of product and how much is taxes or fees?

Most of it would be taxes or fees. The world price of crude is pretty much just
that, the world price of crude. The UK is paying pretty much the same price for
crude as we are.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards July 30th 05 10:20 PM

Our Culture IS Multicultural.

Our Australian soldiers in Iraq, have a military role to play, and that

is to protect other Coalition Forces, Iraqi Public Assets, and the
lives of Iraqi civilians.

The Muslim Community in Australia has been very well treated, and
strongly supported by the Australian people.eg. 500,000 people turned
out to protest against a War in Iraq, before that war broke out. The
activism of individual Australians at their own expense to get a better

deal for asylum seekers has been an awesome expression of our aussie
ideal of 'a fair go for all'. This last can't have gone unnoticed by
our nearest Muslim country, Indonesia.

We have many faults in our national character, however, being perpetual

*******s to the powerless isn't one of them.

Tall Poppies could do with a steel vase though..

an old friend July 30th 05 10:36 PM

AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards wrote:
Our Culture IS Multicultural.

Our Australian soldiers in Iraq, have a military role to play, and that

is to protect other Coalition Forces, Iraqi Public Assets, and the
lives of Iraqi civilians.

The Muslim Community in Australia has been very well treated, and
strongly supported by the Australian people.eg. 500,000 people turned
out to protest against a War in Iraq, before that war broke out. The
activism of individual Australians at their own expense to get a better

deal for asylum seekers has been an awesome expression of our aussie
ideal of 'a fair go for all'. This last can't have gone unnoticed by
our nearest Muslim country, Indonesia.

Sir you underestimate the abilty of various people in the world to
remain willfuly Blind

[email protected] July 30th 05 11:10 PM

Yeah,that's right,Scotland girl.We own and drive big vehicles over here
in U.S.A.This is U.S.A.and we do things in a biggg way,you got that!
Might as burn it up while it last is my motto.
cuhulin

Ian Smith July 30th 05 11:26 PM

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
. 20...
On Sat 30 Jul 2005 07:39:29a, dxAce wrote in
message :

-=jd=- wrote:

On Fri 29 Jul 2005 09:16:04p, "Ian Smith"
wrote in message
:

{Snipped}

[...]

I heard someone half-seriously/half-humorously saying that the U.S.
would
be much worse off with more efficient or hybrid fuel vehicles.
Maintaining
the infrastructure relies heavily on all the tax revenue streaming
in from
fuel sales. He added something along the lines of, "If California
outlawed
Petro-Chem, they would be back to dirt roads within a decade!"

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

What dxAce says is right about the basic cost of producing
gasoline in the UK. It's just that the tax is around 80% of the pump
price, making it possibly the most expensive in the world.

As for loss of fuel tax revenue; money saved by those using
fuel-efficient vehicles will be spent in other ways, presumably
increasing revenue elsewhere, such as with sales tax etc. The problem
will be how to overcome any shortfall when this happens. Higher
taxation is not often a vote winner. :-)

dxAce July 30th 05 11:43 PM

-=jd=- wrote:

On Fri 29 Jul 2005 09:16:04p, "Ian Smith"
wrote in message
:

{Snipped}

[...]

Here in the USA it seems as though some are looking at a tax per mile driven
rather than the at the pump tax. This will overcome the loss in revenue for the
higher MPG vehicles.

If I recall, California was looking at such a scheme.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] July 30th 05 11:46 PM

My raggity old 1978 long wheelbase Dodge van has about 14 feet of cargo
space in it from inside the rear doors to inside of the windshield
(windscreen,to you,Scotland girl) I had to unload a big two piece settee
(put the two pieces together and it is a lonnggggg couch,sofa,to you
Scotland girl) and I also have two tables and a few big boxes of junk
and two wheels/tires (tyres,to you,Scotland girl,wheel/tires three times
larger than on that little toy crackerbox you drive) and a boat engine
and and a big old air compressor and other assorted odds and ends of big
junk in my van.(I also own a 1971 short wheelbase Chevrolet van and a
regular size wheelbase 1982 Ford van and a 1976 Chevrolet ex bread truck
van that is bigger than anything you have ever seen and a 1914 Ford T
model car and a 1942 Willys World War Two Jeep and a 1948 Willys
civilian Jeep and a 1961 Hercules German moped,it has bicycle pedals on
it,I just now got my 25 foot long tape measure and I measured my Doge
van from bumper to bumper,about 18 feet long.I measured my 1976
Chevrolet ex bread truck in my back yard,about 22 feet long and six and
a half feet wide by about eight feet high) I had to make room in my
Dodge van so the window unit airconditioner I bought at Cowboy Maloney
Electric City on Ellis Ave here in Jackson,Mississippi would fit in the
ass end of my van.And you,Scotland girl are worried/concerned about the
big gas burners we American's own and drive and "waste" gasoline on.You
don't have a leg to stand on! Scotland girl!
cuhulin

[email protected] July 30th 05 11:52 PM

I wonder how Tara in Stockton,Australia (last I heard from her,she was
living in Stockton) and Mary and her hubby in the Sydney,Australia area
are doing? I haven't heard from them in a coons age.I email them,but all
I get back is mail failure deliverys.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 30th 05 11:56 PM

Ahhh,aren't they or weren't they going to do a cost of gasoline based on
miles driven thingy in limeyland? For some people over there,I heard
tell they would be paying less for gasoline depending on miles driven.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 31st 05 12:03 AM

Give me dirt roads anyday!
cuhulin

Brian Hill July 31st 05 07:27 PM

"-=jd=-" wrote in message On second thought,
that won't work either - they will still need oil to spray
on the dirt roads to help keep the dust down. At least, that's what they
did
back in the day...

-=jd=-
--

They still do in some places jd

B.H.

[email protected] July 31st 05 07:34 PM

About a week or two ago,I saw a website at www.gizmodo.com about how
to make an inexpensive gadget to turn traffic lights from red to green.I
sent that website to one of my other six (count em,six) (that reminds
me,I need to click on my webtv female user name thingy to see if Raz has
something to say to me,hang on Raz,I will be right there,pretending I am
a 19 year old gurl) webtv user name thingys.I am not crazy enough to
build a gadget like that.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 31st 05 07:46 PM

When I lived in Carthage,Mississippi,many years ago,many,many was the
dirt roads my family drove on.Quick!,roll the windows up! and those flat
plate glass windshields would blind us.I don't remember any oil spraying
rigs,maybe we was too poor to afford them.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 31st 05 08:15 PM

Don't make a gadget like that.They have them infrared cameras up there
on those overhead wires and they will nail you.
cuhulin

Ian Smith August 1st 05 06:28 PM

wrote in message
[...]

That's a nice collection of big vehicles you have there. Hope
you'll still afford the price of gas in years to come. For the record,
I'm not too concerned about your gas guzzlers. Just admire the logic
of using up a finite resource in such a wasteful manner, while
"economising" could reap many dividends in the long run.

Oh, and lose the "girl" reference. It's tiresome and I thought you
were capable of higher things.

[email protected] August 1st 05 07:47 PM

Do you admire the locic we crazy Cowboys saved y'alls bacon in World War
Two and we will do it again if necessay.Just think of all the gasoline
and diesel fuel and Aircraft fuel and oil and fuel for Ships and
Submarines and Tanks and Jeeps and Trucks and Bulldozers and Generators
and many other kinds of gas guzzlers we wasted on sniveling little folks
like you!
cuhulin

[email protected] August 1st 05 07:53 PM

I have some old antique junk bicycles,but I don't figure on ever riding
them around,I have a few old antique tricycles and old antique two wheel
scooters too.I quit pedaling when I was about eleven years old and I am
too fat now anyway.Go ride your bicycle now. www.confederate.com
if you ever get interested in real two wheelers.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 1st 05 11:06 PM

Say there,Scotland girl.I forgot to mention I also own a 1914 Ford T
Model Runabout Roadster car.It looks like a touring car except it has
one seat and a Turtledeck trunk (boot,to you) behind the seat.I bought
that car in November 1971 from a guy by the name of Gary Peterson in
Sioux Falls,South Dakota.He and his wife were moving to
Minneapolis,Minnesota and they couldn't take the car with him.I paid him
(of course,his pretty blonde wife took my money) $1,800.00 cash for my
car.You can come and see for yourself if you want to.
cuhulin