RadioBanter

-   -   Say Bush Guy, Question about the Yo-Yo Antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/75510-say-bush-guy-question-about-yo-yo-antenna.html)

Burr July 30th 05 09:43 PM

Say Bush Guy, Question about the Yo-Yo Antenna

Here you go

http://www.qth.com/dwm/tinytenna.htm

Nice guy, very smart.

Burr

[email protected] July 31st 05 12:42 AM

Read the following in the ad:

"The TINY-TENNA will often outperform more expensive amplified
antennas. "

- Now WHAT more expensive amplified antenna does it outperform ?

John Smith July 31st 05 12:51 AM

Harvey asked:
"Now WHAT more expensive amplified antenna does it outperform ?"

To which, my best guess is:
"A broken one?"

John

ups.com...

Brian Hill July 31st 05 01:10 AM

"John Smith" wrote in message
Harvey asked:
"Now WHAT more expensive amplified antenna does it outperform ?"

To which, my best guess is:
"A broken one?"

John

LOL. You got that right John.

B.H.

Burr July 31st 05 01:41 AM

Say Harvey,
He was asking about the Yo-Yo antenna. I have one and it works great.

Have you ever tested the marvelous Tiny-Tenna?

Burr

[email protected] July 31st 05 01:43 AM

A plain cotton string YO YO,perhaps? How come my Tiny Tuna (OOOOps,Tiny
Tenna was Dead On Arrival? and Mr.Tiny Tuna (OOOOps,Tiny Tenna) won't
make good on that dead jaybird.
cuhulin

John Smith July 31st 05 02:01 AM

cuhulin:

Isn't this circuit:
http://www.ee.washington.edu/circuit...activeant.html

pretty much that of the "tiny tenna?"

If so, why not just fix it yourself?

John

[email protected] July 31st 05 03:58 AM

I guess my dead on arrival Tiny Tunna (OOOOps,Tiny Tenna) has the same
circuit as that one in that diagrahm.I don't know.Heck,I believe I could
scratch my brain and come up with something better or at least as good
as that one.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 31st 05 12:59 PM

Yo Yo antenna looks OK.. Random Wire.. in Fancy Packaging.

Heard many many things about Tiny Tenna..

Upshot is if yuo got $20 burning a hole in your pocket..
Why not go through the process of getting one..

Won't make you
Won't Break you..
& it's a genuine peice of Electronic Memorabelia..
Priceless on Ebay in years to come..

John Smith July 31st 05 04:19 PM

Harvery:

Is the wire strong enough where a person can hang themselves with it, in case
there is a "great stockmarket crash", like happened in the 1930's?

John

oups.com...