RadioBanter

-   -   Recommendation for Airband Scanner (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/75550-recommendation-airband-scanner.html)

Pred02 July 31st 05 12:09 PM

Recommendation for Airband Scanner

Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a portable and inexpenisve Airband
scanner/reciever so I can listen to the airwave frequency around
airports and big cities. I would like the scanner to be compatbile in
the US and Europe (if frequencies are different).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kind regards,
George B.

Brengsek! July 31st 05 02:22 PM

On 31 Jul 2005 04:09:38 -0700, "Pred02" wrote:

I am interested in purchasing a portable and inexpenisve Airband
scanner/reciever so I can listen to the airwave frequency around
airports and big cities. I would like the scanner to be compatbile in
the US and Europe (if frequencies are different).

Try a secondhand (U)BC120XLT or (U)BC220XLT.

Regards,
Rene

--
Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups

[email protected] July 31st 05 04:19 PM

Check the pawn shops in your area for hand held scanner radios.And check
out rec.radio.scanner news group.
cuhulin

[email protected] July 31st 05 04:26 PM

You can look up new ones at www.rigpix.com Check out the thrift
stores and yard sales places and fleamarkets in your area too.Post some
notes on bulletin boards in your area.Ask around.See if there is an
amature radio meeting in your area. www.devilfinder.com and
www.vivisimo.com are the Worlds best (because I say so,that's why)
search engines to look up stuff.
cuhulin