RadioBanter

-   -   Using a Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium. Is there a good, CHEAP commercial antenna for this radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/77737-using-grundig-satellit-800-millennium-there-good-cheap-commercial-antenna-radio.html)

Daniel J. Morlan September 5th 05 04:27 PM

Using a Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium. Is there a good, CHEAP commercial antenna for this radio?

Was wondering what it might be, or where I might get it? I have an outdoor
antenna that I have for my ICOM rig indoors, and it would certainly get
something, but I don't like the idea of unplugging the antenna from my
radio, and then to my SWR. Maybe an antenna switch would be a worthwhile
investment?

73's, DJM

D Peter Maus September 5th 05 04:43 PM

Daniel J. Morlan wrote:
Was wondering what it might be, or where I might get it? I have an outdoor
antenna that I have for my ICOM rig indoors, and it would certainly get
something, but I don't like the idea of unplugging the antenna from my
radio, and then to my SWR. Maybe an antenna switch would be a worthwhile
investment?

73's, DJM

An antenna switch would be a good choice.

Then again, most any antenna will work on your 800. A length of wire
will get you there.

If you're really looking for a commercial antenna, hit the
Universal-Radio website. They've got a bunch of them.

I have an Eavesdropper, a trapped dipole, up for my rigs (distributed
between them with an active multicoupler.) I've also got an A-D DX
Ultra. VERY large...REALLY sensitive.

And as an experiment, I put up an RF Systems MTA. Also very quiet,
and virtually impervious to man-made noise, but not as sensitive.
Usually requires the built in preamp on the receiver.

RHF September 5th 05 11:09 PM

DJM,