Old September 18th 05, 05:55 PM
Jim Hackett

Not so sure about the difference in performance, but there is most
definately a difference in price...

"I Love LA" wrote in message
On 15 Sep 2005 07:07:27 -0700, "John S." wrote:

yodar wrote:
I got mine from Ebay NIB $75.00

EXCELLENT!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...tradeportwareh
ouse&iid=5808418381&frm=284

YODAR

At $75.00 I would opt for a fully warranted new one from Radio Shack
for $99.00.

Factory refurbs and shelf models are only ok if you can get them for
75% of retail.

He is looking for the S350DL, not the S350. Big difference in
performance.

Old September 18th 05, 07:22 PM
I Love LA

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:55:43 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Not so sure about the difference in performance, but there is most
definately a difference in price...

The drift problem seems to have been fixed, at least it's no longer a
problem on my S350DL. It's also very sensitive off the whip antenna.
The S350DL is now my portable radio of choice, beating out the YB400,
Sony 7600G and ATS909, all of which I own.

Old September 18th 05, 08:43 PM
Sanjaya

wrote:

Not so sure about the difference in performance, but there is most
definately a difference in price...

The drift problem seems to have been fixed, at least it's no longer a
problem on my S350DL. It's also very sensitive off the whip antenna.
The S350DL is now my portable radio of choice, beating out the YB400,
Sony 7600G and ATS909, all of which I own.

How does the new, improved 350 DL compare to the original 350 version
as far as sensitivity... i.e. are they the same in that regard?

What about the selectivity of the 350 DL compared to the 350?

I have the Tecsun version of the 350... a BCL2000. I love it for MW, but
rarely use it for SW due to less than stellar selectivity. Mine is one of the last
Tecsun models with English lettering and I don't have much of a problem with
drift. So I'm wondering if upgrading is worth it, just to have no drift... or are
sensitivity and selectivity improved enough to make the switch?

Thanks for any feedback.

Old September 18th 05, 10:46 PM
I Love LA

wrote:

[...]

I cannot answer that question, I have never used the S350. The
following article suggests that it is not worth upgrading at this
time.
http://www.radiointel.com/review-tecsunbcl3000.htm

The Eton E1 XM Radio -=V=- Grundig Satellite 800 M [ Plus Some History ] RHF Shortwave 10 January 6th 05 04:56 AM
Grundig S350 'Super Radio' Tecsun BCL-2000 [Was: Tecsun BCL-2000 Preview (Grundig S350) Gary Shortwave 1 February 16th 04 11:16 PM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM