RadioBanter

-   -   OT President Warns Storm Coming After It Already Hit (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/78202-ot-president-warns-storm-coming-after-already-hit.html)

David September 13th 05 07:19 PM

OT President Warns Storm Coming After It Already Hit

Q Mr. President, where were you when you realized the severity of the
storm?

THE PRESIDENT: I was -- I knew that a big storm was coming on Monday,
so I spoke to the country on Monday* morning about it. I said, there's
a big storm coming. I had pre-signed emergency declarations in
anticipation of a big storm coming.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20050912.html

dxAce September 13th 05 10:35 PM

David wrote:

On 13 Sep 2005 11:58:54 -0700, wrote:

But where was Cheney?

"It's always been clear to me that five years ago, when all those
Republican guys got together and realized that George Bush could be
elected president - and that he wasn't remotely capable - they came to
an understanding: they would walk him through it. I'm sure it seemed
like a swell idea, especially because it meant that they'd be in a
perfect position to convince him to do all sorts of exciting things
they had always wanted to do.

Cheney was the point man. Cheney was the guy they put on Meet the
Press. Cheney was the person who seemed always to be the first
responder. Cheney was the official they put into the bunker last May
when a plane flew too close to the White House; Bush, who was bicycling
in Maryland, wasn't even told about the episode until forty minutes
after it was over. Even Laura Bush, who was in the bunker with Cheney,
publicly questioned the decision to keep the President in the dark.

But if you look at the chart in Sunday's New York Times, which tells
you who was where when Katrina struck, Cheney doesn't even get a
listing. It's Bush, Chertoff, Brown. Bush I and Bill Clinton were
summoned to help. But Cheney didn't even turn up back in Washington
until last week, when he was sent off for a day of spouting platitudes
while touring the flood zone.

Like the curious incident of the dog that didn't bark in the famous
Sherlock Holmes story, Cheney's the missing person in this event, and
one has to wonder why.

If he were a woman, I would guess he'd been busy recovering from a
face-lift, but he's not. So I can only suppose that something has gone
wrong. Could the President be irritated that Cheney helped con him into
Iraq?
Oh, all right, probably not. Could Cheney - and not just his aides --
possibly be involved in the Valerie Plame episode? Is Cheney not
speaking to Karl Rove? Does the airplane/bicycle incident figure into
this in any way?
And how is it possible that the President is off on vacation and the
Vice President is too? Not that it matters that much if the President
is on vacation; on some level, the President is always on vacation. But
where was Cheney?

Just asking.

Copyright 2005 (c) HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

"http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=22732&mode=nested&order=0

Araiana's got a real hardon for Cheney.

That may well be, ****stain, but the article was written by Nora Ephron.

Please try to pay attention.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David September 14th 05 01:30 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:35:17 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Copyright 2005 (c) HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

"http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=22732&mode=nested&order=0

Araiana's got a real hardon for Cheney.

That may well be, ****stain, but the article was written by Nora Ephron.

Please try to pay attention.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Gosh. Psychic abilities too.

m II September 14th 05 02:27 AM

wrote:

Copyright 2005 (c) HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

"http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=22732&mode=nested&order=0

Araiana's got a real hardon for Cheney.

That may well be, ****stain, but the article was written by Nora Ephron.

Please try to pay attention.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Gosh. Psychic abilities too.

The psychic abilities are in addition to his new found hobby. The Ace
seems to have adopted Caprophagia as a new dietary supplement. His
addiction to the new 'insult' confirms it.

We should look at the bright side..I didn't think he COULD learn a new word.

mike

[email protected] September 14th 05 02:59 AM

Katrina Pushing Up Prices Across The Board.Story of the Day 1.
www.stevequayle.com (click on the big Q)
cuhulin

[email protected] September 15th 05 10:20 AM

wrote:

Araiana's got a real hardon for Cheney.

That may well be, ****stain, but the article was written by Nora Ephron.

Please try to pay attention.

Reading just past the end of the article, cum-drippings:

Copyright 2005 (c) HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

Reprinted from The Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nora-e...-t_b_7189.html

MnMikew September 15th 05 06:50 PM

wrote:

Araiana's got a real hardon for Cheney.

That may well be, ****stain, but the article was written by Nora Ephron.

Please try to pay attention.

Reading just past the end of the article, cum-drippings:

Copyright 2005 (c) HuffingtonPost.com, LLC

Reprinted from The Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nora-e...-t_b_7189.html

Airanna Huffingtons blog, now there's some credibility.

[email protected] September 15th 05 07:33 PM

I can tell by the way my old little house looking thingy with the catgut
stringy thingy on it (Barometer) if stormy weather is headin this way
and just how I naturchally feel about the weather conditions if bad s..t
is headin this way.Moma didn't raise no fool.
cuhulin

[email protected] September 15th 05 07:56 PM

Much of brit S..T limeyland came to a Stop! on Monday of this week,,
watching that brit S..T! cricket S..T! on tv.Price of gas is about $1.82
per liter.(Look at them slightly over two quarts plastic containers of
soady pop y'all bought at the food stores recently,, just over two
quarts,a little over a half a gallon) South Dakota (Dumbest people in
the World are South Dakotans) is going to be selling gas by the half
gallons.South Dakota,the Dumbest people on Earth!
cuhulin

[email protected] September 15th 05 08:12 PM

bush is the stump monkey for the real prez,cheney.Sayyyy,anybody heard
from Loafhead recently?
cuhulin