Old September 18th 05, 03:41 PM
Bob Miller

Default Fix for CCRadio displaying broken numbers

I have a Sangean/C.Crane CCRadio, a few years old. The display screen
shows only bits and pieces of numbers and letters. Any known, easy fix
I could do?

I contacted the C.Crane company, and they want $49.95 just to have
their repair guy look at it, plus shipping both ways. Might as well
get a new one, as do that -- so, looking for a home fix.

Thanks,

Bob
k5qwg

Old September 18th 05, 05:37 PM
RHF

BM,
Old September 18th 05, 05:51 PM
wavetrapper

Nothing here you don't already know but others may find this to be of
interest.

http://www.radiointel.com/reviews.htm

Scroll down until you see Sangean CCRadio.

Russ K3Pi

Old September 18th 05, 06:14 PM
RHF

For One and All,

Old September 18th 05, 06:43 PM
[email protected]

That Sangean CCRadio is just like the one I bought about eight years ago
from ccrane.It did NOT pick up any radio stations any better than my
other old radios.I tried it out for one week and I sent thay wayyyyyy
over priced piece of plastic JUNK back.Then I bought a Sangean ATS 909
Shortwave radio and I tried it for a week too.HUMP!,that radio didn't
show me dip s..t!,I sent that wayyyyyy over priced piece of plastic JUNK
back too.How does ccrane get away with it,RIPPING so many people OFF
(post a complaint about ccrane and Sangean at www.ripoffreport.com) like
that all the time? And those two Kooks,Art Bell and George Noory are
still touting that RIPP OFF artist ccrane company and those RIPP OFF
Sangean radios.Buy a Sangean radio from crane and expect to send it back
to ccrane in a year or two for digital front panel repair/replacement
and be prepared to pay at least about $50.00 plus shipping and handling
charges too,,,, What A RIPP OFF! I wonder if Art Bell and George Noory
are getting any kickbacks from ccrane repairing those Sangean radios?
cuhulin

Old September 18th 05, 07:42 PM
Invader3K

cuhulin, just out of curiosity...what radio would YOU recommend for
someone wanting to listen to long range AM?

Old September 18th 05, 09:23 PM
Bob Miller

On 18 Sep 2005 09:37:54 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

BM,
.
This is a consistantly reported build-in defect that
usually appears {LCD Disappears} after about one year
of owership and use of either of these CCRadios being
sold by the C Crane Co. = http://www.ccrane.com/
.
It is clearly a Latent Manufacturing Defect with the
both the CCRadio and CCRadioPlus+ that were built by
by the Sangean USA Corp. http://www.sangean.com/
POC = http://www.sangean.com/contact.html
SERVICE = http://www.sangean.com/contact_service.html
.
IMHO - C Crane Co. and Sangean USA Corp. the manufacture
should Repair or Replace these defective Radios for FREE !
WARRANTY = http://www.ccrane.com/help.aspx#warranty
.
CCRadio and CCRadioPlus+ Users Group on YAHOO !
.
CC Radio Plus + CC Radio Plus + CC Radio Plus +
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-r...lus/index.aspx
.
.
and that's my opinion on that - yeah ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Well, my CCRadio display went bad after the warranty ran out.

In one of the other groups, someone said to just go in and clean the
panel layers and electrical contacts etcetera with isop. alcohol -- I
may try that.

You'd think, with the panels apparantly going consistently bad, they
would come up with some other readout -- oh, well...

bob
k5qwg

Old September 18th 05, 10:38 PM
[email protected]

Long range AM? A good tube type radio or a car radio from about the
1970's on back.
cuhulin

Old September 19th 05, 01:37 PM
[email protected]

Or pick up a GE Superradio for $65 . Analog read out, saves batteries
not as accurate as digital tuning. Sounds good works well.
Mike