RadioBanter

-   -   ABOUT - Slinky Antennas - More Then You Wanted To Know (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/78661-re-about-slinky-antennas-more-then-you-wanted-know.html)

BDK September 22nd 05 04:10 AM

ABOUT - Slinky Antennas - More Then You Wanted To Know

In article ,
says...
I don't think those new fangled plastic Slinkys will work so well
though,must me the old fasioned steel Slinkys.
cuhulin

The slinky dipole I made 20 years ago was by far the best antenna I have
ever had..

I think I'm gonna hunt a few Slinkys up and make a new one next month...

BDK

[email protected] September 22nd 05 04:19 AM

I wonder if the steel Slinkys are still being made? I would like to try
out a Slinky antenna too.I owned one back in the 1950's.
cuhulin

[email protected] September 22nd 05 04:25 AM

www.devilfinder.com Slinky Toys

Slinkys have an interesting History.
cuhulin

BDK September 22nd 05 05:27 PM

In article ,
says...
I wonder if the steel Slinkys are still being made? I would like to try
out a Slinky antenna too.I owned one back in the 1950's.
cuhulin

I saw some a few months ago at a toy store. Those things take solder
better than about anything I have ever seen. I overlap the ends and wrap
them really tightly with small gauge bare wire and solder the hell out
of it and after it's up, spray it heavily with clear paint and it will
last 10-15 years. You would be amazed at how far two or three will
stretch out on a rope.

BDK

Caveat Lector September 22nd 05 05:43 PM

The Original Slinky -- so they say
And only $2.99

Use two for a dipole
Slinky Antenna for $10 -- From KG6IIR
http://mysdhomevalue.com/album1_004.htm

Or spend more here
http://www.antennasmore.com/helitrix.htm

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

In article ,
says...

[email protected] September 22nd 05 06:03 PM

There is a Toys R Us (I wish I could type that R backwards) store on
Highway 80 within about a block of me and a wal mart store at the
intersection of Greenway Drive and Highway 18 about one and six tenths
of a mile South of me.I will check them out tomorrow for Slinky toys.
cuhulin

[email protected] September 22nd 05 06:07 PM

sactoys.com? If I can't find a Slinky in a local area store,I will check
out sactoys.com Might as well buy two or three and have another one to
play with.
cuhulin

RHF September 22nd 05 06:26 PM

CL - WalMart has the Slinky Jr.'s for 88 Cents
and the standard Slinky for under $2 ~ RHF

[email protected] September 22nd 05 07:00 PM

OK,I will three Slinkys at the wal mart store tomorrow afternoon.
cuhulin

Mark Harper September 22nd 05 10:47 PM

In article ,
says...
There is a Toys R Us (I wish I could type that R backwards) store on
Highway 80 within about a block of me and a wal mart store at the
intersection of Greenway Drive and Highway 18 about one and six tenths
of a mile South of me.I will check them out tomorrow for Slinky toys.
cuhulin

Best of luck!

I went to a TRU in Warrington, in NW England, looking for pretty much
the same thing - the looks I got asking for slinkys and hula-hoops - let
alnoe trying to explain that I wanted to make an aerial of it!

73

Mark (MW1MDH)