RadioBanter

-   -   Sangean ATS909 question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/78913-sangean-ats909-question.html)

Me September 27th 05 05:01 AM

Sangean ATS909 question

.... I've been playing around with this and know matter what station I
listen to on SW it displays "AUSTRALIA"... anyone know why? I'm a
rookie w this...

Thanks

Kevin

[email protected] September 27th 05 09:47 PM

Sangean ATS909 question

Kevin: There is no program to show " -----------" in the screen. The
radio will change country designation when you hit upon a particular
frequency. EG enter 5975, 9410 and you will see the change to
England. Those have been standard BBC freqs for a long time.
Then , of course , you will be stuck with England in the screen.
:)
Bob

Cindy September 27th 05 11:59 PM

Sangean ATS909 question

Download the DX-398/ATS-909 owner's manual he
http://mods.dk/downloadmanual.php?Fi...ers_manual.pdf

If you can't download it, leave a message here and I'll send it to you
directly.

craigm September 28th 05 12:09 AM

Sangean ATS909 question

wrote:
Kevin: There is no program to show " -----------" in the screen. The
radio will change country designation when you hit upon a particular
frequency. EG enter 5975, 9410 and you will see the change to
England. Those have been standard BBC freqs for a long time.
Then , of course , you will be stuck with England in the screen.
:)
Bob

You have manually entered a frequency that is programmed on the memory
page for England. If you manually enter a frequency programmed on a
different memory page, the display will change to match the memory page
name.

The text string is the label for the current memory page and is to give
you an idea what the individual memory entries for that page are.

Key in a frequency that is programmed for England and the memory system
switches to that page. Until you change pages by selecting a different
page from the keyboard, or by keying in a frequency that is stored on a
different page, the label will remain.

You can select different pages by pressing page and then using the
tuning knob or buttons.

On my radio, page 29 has no name and nothing stored in it, so if I
select that page the label is cleared.

It reappears if a punch in a frequency that is stored on another page.

craigm