RadioBanter

-   -   Good CW not too fast (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/79701-good-cw-not-too-fast.html)

SR October 6th 05 01:02 AM

Good CW not too fast

I am listening to CW at 3718.00. At 00:00 UTC. And it is not too fast
to copy.

My question is, so that I could always find slow enough cw, where should
I look?

SR

Dale Parfitt October 6th 05 01:15 AM

Good CW not too fast

"SR" wrote in message
I am listening to CW at 3718.00. At 00:00 UTC. And it is not too fast to
copy.

My question is, so that I could always find slow enough cw, where should I
look?

SR

Go to the ARRL site and find their CW practice sked- they go as slow as 5WM
and work up to 35WPM

Dale W4OP

SR October 6th 05 01:48 AM

Good CW not too fast

Hi: I am looking for a simple log book freeware that I could use for
win98. Just a very simple program. I am not looking for controlling a
radio.

If you know, please let me know.

Thank you, SR

Caveat Lector October 6th 05 02:07 AM

Good CW not too fast

"SR" wrote in message
I am listening to CW at 3718.00. At 00:00 UTC. And it is not too fast to
copy.

My question is, so that I could always find slow enough cw, where should I
look?

SR

The Novice Bands and the upper portion of the CW bands

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Buzzygirl October 6th 05 02:20 AM

Good CW not too fast

"SR" wrote in message
I am listening to CW at 3718.00. At 00:00 UTC. And it is not too fast
to copy.

My question is, so that I could always find slow enough cw, where should
I look?

I would try the "old" novice bands on 40 meters, 7100-7150 KHz. There's a
lot of slow speed CW there.

Jackie

Doug Smith W9WI October 6th 05 07:07 AM

Good CW not too fast

SR wrote:
I am listening to CW at 3718.00. At 00:00 UTC. And it is not too fast
to copy.

My question is, so that I could always find slow enough cw, where should
I look?

3718grin

Seriously, that's in the old Novice band and slower operators still tend
to congregate in that area - 3700-3750. Also 7100-7150 on 40 meters and
to a lesser degree 21100-21150. (the Novice band ran to 21200 but there
usually wasn't much activity above 21150)

As a VERY general rule, the further up into the band you get the slower
the Morse.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66