Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17th 05, 03:37 AM
Telamon

Default Ten-Tec RX340 meter lamp replacement

The lamp burned out and instead of replacing it with another blue/green
bulb I elected to use LEDs. I sanded the surface of the LED case to
make the light it generated non-directional. I used three blue ones
from Radio shack 276-316 in a line in place of the bulb and outside
the meter case I used a resistor to limit the current. It looks pretty
cool but very "blue." Now that I see the result I'm thinking that maybe
white LEDs like a 276-320 would have been better choice as even the
white LEDs look somewhat blueish to me.

Anyone have any experiences using LEDs to replace bulbs on receivers?

Right now I'm looking at the bluest meter on the west coast and the
moving red needle looks almost iridescent.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

LED lamp replacement for old Type 47 bayonet lamp? malomarski Boatanchors 5 September 6th 05 10:23 AM
Grant LT Meter Lamp burned out [email protected] CB 6 August 15th 05 04:17 PM
SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM
Yaesu FT 650 meter lamp BM Fleet Equipment 0 August 28th 03 11:10 PM