RadioBanter

-   -   HiFer followup (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/81388-hifer-followup.html)

[email protected] November 5th 05 06:10 PM

HiFer followup

The frequency is 135580 +/- 50Hz.
I found a Hifer listed that meets these specs:

13558.0 HI Monroe, CT Slow CW (2004/11)

If this station is legal, IE part 15 "13.567-13.710 MHz, the
field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 334
microvolts/meter at 30 meters", then this might be my best
DX catch in 30+ years. That power level is reached with less
then 2mW into any "decent" antenna.

Terry

dxAce November 5th 05 06:26 PM

HiFer followup

wrote:

The frequency is 135580 +/- 50Hz.
I found a Hifer listed that meets these specs:

13558.0 HI Monroe, CT Slow CW (2004/11)

If this station is legal, IE part 15 "13.567-13.710 MHz, the
field strength of any emissions shall not exceed 334
microvolts/meter at 30 meters", then this might be my best
DX catch in 30+ years. That power level is reached with less
then 2mW into any "decent" antenna.

Heard here many, many times. Also reported here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA