RadioBanter

-   -   pulsating sound on 4810 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/81860-pulsating-sound-4810-a.html)

[email protected] November 12th 05 06:45 PM

pulsating sound on 4810

I'm hearing a pulsating sound on 4810Khz with AM demod. Stronger at
night, so it's not local. QTH is SF Bay Area.

Caveat Lector November 12th 05 06:48 PM

pulsating sound on 4810

Here is a good web site to identify digital signals
click on a suspected mode and it plays the audio thru your computer

http://www.wunclub.com/sounds/

And another one at URL:
http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

And another
http://rover.wiesbaden.netsurf.de/~s.../DIG_intro.htm

Have fun with the mind boggling sounds

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

John Barnard November 13th 05 03:31 AM

pulsating sound on 4810

wrote:

I'm hearing a pulsating sound on 4810Khz with AM demod. Stronger at
night, so it's not local. QTH is SF Bay Area.

I've also heard the same thing on occasion. It plays hell with reception
of XERTA

JB
QTH: Edmonton, Alberta

dxAce November 13th 05 03:35 AM

pulsating sound on 4810

wrote:

I'm hearing a pulsating sound on 4810Khz with AM demod. Stronger at
night, so it's not local. QTH is SF Bay Area.

It could quite possibly be one of the CODAR radars. They play havoc with 60
meters.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Mark Zenier November 13th 05 06:51 PM

pulsating sound on 4810

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

wrote:

I'm hearing a pulsating sound on 4810Khz with AM demod. Stronger at
night, so it's not local. QTH is SF Bay Area.

It could quite possibly be one of the CODAR radars. They play havoc with 60
meters.

Whatever it is, it's a broadband sucker. Goes from 4785 to 4810.
Sounds like two carriers getting FMed. "Swish Beep Swish Beep...".

Mark Zenier

[email protected] November 15th 05 03:50 AM

pulsating sound on 4810

I suspect you are correct too, though I'm having a bit of trouble with
the FCC database to find the licensee for the signal at 4810. Anyway,
check out
http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/newsrel/science/Largier%20Terrill%20IB.htm
Under callsign WC2XYM, they are authorized to send a pulsed swept
signal on the following (kHz)
4300
4400
4400
4400
5100
5200
24700
25100
25500
25900
26700
25500
25900
26300
26700

dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

wrote:

I'm hearing a pulsating sound on 4810Khz with AM demod. Stronger at
night, so it's not local. QTH is SF Bay Area.

It could quite possibly be one of the CODAR radars. They play havoc with 60
meters.

Whatever it is, it's a broadband sucker. Goes from 4785 to 4810.
Sounds like two carriers getting FMed. "Swish Beep Swish Beep...".

Yep, that sounds like CODAR.

dxAce
Michigan
USA