RadioBanter

-   -   Ferrite rod for MW antenna (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/82054-re-ferrite-rod-mw-antenna.html)

[email protected] November 16th 05 12:07 AM

Ferrite rod for MW antenna

Steve:
Look here . .

http://www.oselectronics.com/ose_p91.htm#FERRITE%20"LOOP%20STIK"%20ANTENNA

- also on Pg 88 of their cat. where they have ferrites...

[email protected] November 16th 05 02:26 AM

Ferrite rod for MW antenna

http://www.stormwise.com/page26.htm

BTW, I'm not sure how well these simple designs (loop and a cap) work
with one side of the loop being at ground due to the connection of the
radio. Since most of us here have resonably selective radios, I'd
rather feed the loop into a high impedance differential amplifier that
has a single ended output. Skipping the loading cap means one less
thing to tune.

Another project might be to get one of the ferrite antennas from old
beacon directional finders.