RadioBanter

-   -   V. of Guyana (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/82510-v-guyana.html)

[email protected] November 22nd 05 04:14 AM

V. of Guyana

Unusually good signal tonight from Voice of Guyana on 3290. Just heard
an interesting interview with a man who survived the Jonestown
massacre.

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

uncle arnie November 22nd 05 05:53 PM

V. of Guyana

wrote:

Unusually good signal tonight from Voice of Guyana on 3290. Just heard
an interesting interview with a man who survived the Jonestown
massacre.

Steve
Brooklyn, NY

Did they give the survivor's name? You didn't happen to record this did
you? I had a sister at the American Embassy School when the team doing the
investigation was shot/shot at, just before the mass suicide.

[email protected] November 22nd 05 06:17 PM

V. of Guyana

I believe they did mention the man's name, but I can't remember what it
was. Unfortunately I didn't record it.

[email protected] November 24th 05 04:32 AM

V. of Guyana

If anyone's awake and interested, V of Guyana has a terrific signal
right now at 04:32.

Frank Halaburak November 24th 05 05:14 AM

V. of Guyana

a écrit dans le message de news:
If anyone's awake and interested, V of Guyana has a terrific signal
right now at 04:32.

Steve, Thanks for the tip ! I've been trying to hear them for the longest
time.
I am hearing them on 3291.1 usb, weak but I can make out a few words in
english.
male and female announcer. I'm in the middle of Montreal = noise. I have
2 options,
put up a better antenna or move to a quiet area. Thanks again, Frank

[email protected] November 24th 05 05:18 AM

V. of Guyana

Glad to help. It's been a BBC relay for the last hour or so. Conditions
are good tonight!

Steve