RadioBanter

-   -   Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/84179-kaito-1102-not-pleasant-experience.html)

Carl December 12th 05 05:28 PM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

Whether usinjg the whip or the
radio shackSW kit antenna....I tried the thing on Arkansas NPR
FM..... and cannot get the signal ( 89.1) I pull easily with car
radio.....should I return it as defective?

The Good Guys and the Bad Guys...you decide:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com
http://www.weeklystandard.com
http://mediamatters.org/

[email protected] December 12th 05 05:45 PM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

npr is a commie outfit.
cuhulin

Has December 12th 05 09:09 PM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

wrote in message
npr is a commie outfit.
cuhulin

That explains it.

-has

dk December 13th 05 02:47 AM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

npr is commie? Some of you guys on this list really must be nuts...
probably watch Fox News too! National Public Radio, and for sure
Wisconsin Public Radio (and to a less extent Minnesota Public Radio)
are much more fair and balanced than any form of commercial media
available.

Carl December 13th 05 09:51 PM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

On 12 Dec 2005 19:05:18 -0800, "dk" wrote:

Sorry, got so tied up wtih someone calling NPR commie, that I forgot to
comment on your 1102 situation. I've had an 1102 for about a year,
and the reception has been very good all around. It has since been put
on the back burner by a Sangean Super 909, but I still use the 1102
daily as well. How is the reception with other stations? Keep in mind
that when you plug in an external antenna you shut off the whip. I
would say that if nothing else works, return it. It should pull that
station in easily.

Douglas
www.pbase.com/kilen

thanks DK... I guess I will have to go through the return
process............NUTS!

Carl December 13th 05 09:56 PM

On 13 Dec 2005 10:14:24 -0800, "John S." wrote:

Carl wrote:
Whether usinjg the whip or the
radio shackSW kit antenna....I tried the thing on Arkansas NPR
FM..... and cannot get the signal ( 89.1) I pull easily with car
radio.....should I return it as defective?

The Good Guys and the Bad Guys...you decide:

I've used the DE1103 and have found that it catches as many if not more
FM stations than the car radio. The reviews I've read indicate that FM
performance on the 1102 is about the same as the 1103.

Because there may be some interference problem inside your house, try
listening outside. I say this because an otherwise strong local FM
news station can be completely obliterated by a bible pounder station
when I listen inside the house.

ok...outside I go. You all ...too many of you have had good
experiences with the Kaito. I am doing something wrong...or I
accidentaly got a lemon.....

RHF December 14th 05 02:53 AM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

'dk' - your flourescent pink slip is showing ~ RHF

[email protected] December 14th 05 03:23 AM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

No Happy Ending for jenna COCAINE HEAD bush.
www.globalnewsmatrix.com

I am fair and square,I pick on all politicians and their relatives and
their kinfolks.
cuhulin

Carl December 20th 05 03:43 PM

Kaito 1102 not a pleasant experience

On 12 Dec 2005 19:05:18 -0800, "dk" wrote:

Sorry, got so tied up wtih someone calling NPR commie, that I forgot to
comment on your 1102 situation. I've had an 1102 for about a year,
and the reception has been very good all around. It has since been put
on the back burner by a Sangean Super 909, but I still use the 1102
daily as well. How is the reception with other stations? Keep in mind
that when you plug in an external antenna you shut off the whip. I
would say that if nothing else works, return it. It should pull that
station in easily.

Douglas
www.pbase.com/kilen

Douglas...do you use the KA1102 radio indoors and if so...what
exactly do you use for an antenna?

Is there a website I can reference to show use of that Radio Shack SW
antenna kit to the maximum? I mean I am less than an amateur and do
not have a clue how to use that material...the bare wire... the
insulated wire..etc etc The instruction sheet is incomplete for me.

PS I am in an RV and REALLY move around a lot. Based on what I read
here...my RV aluminum joists probably means an interior antenna is
just plain out of the question..and I better learn what to do with
this SW antenna kit...and consider too..some type of roof antenna that
maybe I can plug into the portable radio.

Or...back at home base I have a double loop aluminum tube FM antenna
(Radio Shack..it folds) ) I could take with me and hoist up tree
branches and run coax from it.

But how do I get any thing to plug into that mini plug...mini plug
antenna female in the KA1102? I mean.. how do you adapt bare wire to
the mini plug? Coax to the mini plug? ( I stripped a little rubber
from the tip of the aux antenna wire that came with the KA1102 and ran
a jumper (alligator clips) from it to 25 feet of copper (uh-oh... I
lie...being an amateur.. I have 25 feet of copper...in kinda an
L..and then I have the last 50 feet wadded in a loop...duct taped to a
galvanized light pole). I mean..the instruction sheet for the SW kit
sucks...but then I don't follow directions well anyway.

I see no way to attach a "ground wire" to the KA 1102. I see no
explanation of exactly how you do the 33feet of copper for 20 meter
SW stations. I mean ...can you do 40 feet of copper with two 3.5ft
loops in each end that go around big trees ..then there is 33 feet of
straight wire? Six inches at each end wrapped around the enclosed
standoffs..leaving 32 feet of straight copper? I have some kinks in
the copper...do I need to throw it away and start over? I don't get
it. Must I cut the 75 ft of copper in the kit... or can I wad the
excess at one end..or evenly in both ends...not at all? , cut it? !
Do you connect 50 feet of insulated wire into the middle of the 33feet
of copper ? Give me a break...what's the program?

Can you just use alligator clip to the whip? and be better off??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. .. I literally do not have a
clue.