RadioBanter

-   -   QSL Received (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/84199-qsl-received.html)

dxAce December 12th 05 09:45 PM

QSL Received

Received a QSL today from Radio Hargeisa in the Republic of Somaliland (NASWA
Country: Somali, Dem. Rep. - British) for reception on 29 November 2005 on 7530
kHz. V/s: Baldur Drobnica. Card states that they run 10 kw into a T-antenna.

Report was sent to their German postal address with $1. Card was mailed from USA
with a cover letter and the $1 was returned via an amateur radio operator in
Virginia. Apparently $1 is not enough for return postage from Germany and the
v/s sent my card along with his amateur radio QSL and then the Virginia op
forwarded my QSL.

My 217th NASWA Country verified.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

V/s is

johnboy December 12th 05 10:47 PM

QSL Received

Postcard to the US from Germany is one Euro

1$ = 1.21 Euro's

You sent enough!

Germans are notorius tight asses (CHEAP).....I know I married one while in
Service...

dxAce December 12th 05 10:51 PM

QSL Received

johnboy wrote:

Postcard to the US from Germany is one Euro

1$ = 1.21 Euro's

You sent enough!

Well, he was sending it in an envelope... as there is no space on the card
itself for an address.

No matter! I got the card (most important) and I got my $1.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

clifto December 12th 05 11:11 PM

QSL Received

johnboy wrote:
Postcard to the US from Germany is one Euro

1$ = 1.21 Euro's

Bzzzzzzt. 1 US Dollar = 0.84689 Euro
1 Euro (EUR) = 1.18079 US Dollar (USD)

You sent enough!

Nope.

dxAce December 13th 05 12:26 AM

QSL Received

clifto wrote:

johnboy wrote:
Postcard to the US from Germany is one Euro

1$ = 1.21 Euro's

Bzzzzzzt. 1 US Dollar = 0.84689 Euro
1 Euro (EUR) = 1.18079 US Dollar (USD)

You sent enough!

Nope.

I just received a letter from Germany the other day and the postage value on it
is 155 which I'd guess is 1.55 Euro. So $2 would be more appropriate to use in
the future I'd guess in most cases.

The cost of QSL'ing is going up!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] December 13th 05 05:05 AM

QSL Received

Anyway,you got another QSL and that is Good.
cuhulin

clifto December 13th 05 07:05 AM

QSL Received

dxAce wrote:
clifto wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Postcard to the US from Germany is one Euro

1$ = 1.21 Euro's

Bzzzzzzt. 1 US Dollar = 0.84689 Euro
1 Euro (EUR) = 1.18079 US Dollar (USD)

You sent enough!

Nope.

I just received a letter from Germany the other day and the postage value on it
is 155 which I'd guess is 1.55 Euro. So $2 would be more appropriate to use in
the future I'd guess in most cases.

The cost of QSL'ing is going up!

Do they still sell IRCs?

Mark December 13th 05 10:42 AM

QSL Received

"clifto" wrote in message

Do they still sell IRCs?

Yes. I sent two IRCs recently to the British Navy. They sent me a QSL and my
two IRCs back because "they couldn't accept them".

Mark.
Auckland
New Zealand.

[email protected] December 13th 05 05:52 PM

QSL Received

Mrs.Margaret Elizabeth Neylon Lucey (that married Irish woman wayyyyyyy
over yonder across the big pond in Bognor Regis (Booger Reegiz) England
knows a Royal Navy guy,he is handicapped nowdays,wheelchair) he is my
Friend too.
cuhulin