RadioBanter

-   -   New User - New Receiver - Reception Questions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/84499-re-new-user-new-receiver-reception-questions.html)

[email protected] December 18th 05 03:17 AM

New User - New Receiver - Reception Questions

wrote:
You can buy an AM/FM/Shortwave Radio brand spankin new for as little as
$10.00 or less,or you can spend hundreds,thousands of dollars for a
Shortwave Radio,, but without a decent Antenna,such Radios are useless.

I understand the need for a good antenna and realize that there are
many variables in getting good reception. But by your logic above,
your advice from a couple days ago:

I dont know how much money that Yachboy radio cost and I think somebody
said Amazon sells the Sony 7800 GR radios for about $129.00,a good price
for a very good radio. [snip]
Then you would have a much better radio.Only my opinion.

wouldn't hold. Or at best, it would be poor advice.

If you have one antenna and take all the models that I mentioned
straight out of the box and one by one hook them up to the antenna,
there must be some difference.

-P