RadioBanter

-   -   OT...MW DX Test next week (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/84905-ot-mw-dx-test-next-week.html)

rtc December 23rd 05 04:39 PM

OT...MW DX Test next week

From the current World of Radio...(What a shock to discover a localstation
doing thisG)** U S A. WAPI 1070 - WJOX 690, Alabama DX Tests, December
27-29

Exciting News! DX'ers will have another holiday treat to look forward
to this year. On December 27-29th, two Birmingham, Alabama stations
will run the new "inventory insert" test format suggested by Fred V.
last year. Special thanks to CE Frank Giardina for this test! Details
below...

WAPI 1070 khz Birmingham, AL DX Test
WJOX 690 khz Birmingham, AL DX Test
Date(s): December 27-29, 05
Time: Midnight CST-0300 CST (0600-0900 UT)
:60 Second long tests in duration. "Inventory Insert" format.

Modes of Operation: Night Power/Pattern.
Programming: Morse Code ID's, Sweep Tones, Voice ID.
Notes:

Both WAPI and WJOX will air one insert at the TOH. :59 minutes fixed.
Both stations will air a 2nd sixty second long test each hour
according to the schedule below:

WAPI's 2nd test will come at :30 past the hour, each hour between
midnight and 3 AM.

WJOX's 2nd test will "float" between :19 after and :34 minutes each
hour between midnight and 3 AM, depending on programming.

Reception reports are desired via e-mail (first choice) and snail mail
(only if e-mail is not available) Station would prefer to received
recordings of the test (MP3, CD, or cassette). Submit reports to:

les @ highnoonfilm.com

Please put "WAPI/WJOX DX Test" in the subject line. All standard mail
reports should go to:
Les Rayburn
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216

m II December 25th 05 04:02 AM

OT...MW DX Test next week

rtc wrote:
From the current World of Radio...(What a shock to discover a localstation
doing thisG)** U S A. WAPI 1070 - WJOX 690, Alabama DX Tests, December
27-29

Exciting News! DX'ers will have another holiday treat to look forward
to this year. On December 27-29th, two Birmingham, Alabama stations
will run the new "inventory insert" test format suggested by Fred V.
last year. Special thanks to CE Frank Giardina for this test! Details
below...

The idea is good, but there may have been more reports if the test were
carried out on a Friday and Saturday night. More people stay up late on
the weekends.

mike

jon December 31st 05 06:27 AM

OT...MW DX Test next week

Greetings! I listened here from upstate South Carolina for about 2
hours during the listed times continuous, on both frequencies and heard
nothing.
I listened on the GE Super Radio II, and the RS DX-396. Both are
pretty good on Medium Wave, but alas nothing I could possitively ID.
It did sound like on the 690 frequency I might have heard some morse,
but nothing I could hear on record.
Nice experiment though. I was hopeful being from SC that I might hear
it. Conditions were pretty good here, although I have had some
electronic interference on some frequencies since our recent ice storm
and week of lost power.
Thanks for passing on the tip! Have a great New Year! Jon in South
Carolina.