RadioBanter

-   -   Sirrus Notes (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/85313-sirrus-notes.html)

James Douglas December 30th 05 12:13 AM

Sirrus Notes

Got one for the wife for christmas and had a hard time receiving signal
at home so tried it in the office today with no luck either. It does
work at home if you place the antenna 10' outside the house.

Anyone else having these issues? Have not tried it in the car yet but
have to believe as many of these things I see on other car's it must
work pretty good.

David December 30th 05 01:50 AM

Sirrus Notes

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:13:28 -0600, James Douglas
wrote:

Got one for the wife for christmas and had a hard time receiving signal
at home so tried it in the office today with no luck either. It does
work at home if you place the antenna 10' outside the house.

Anyone else having these issues? Have not tried it in the car yet but
have to believe as many of these things I see on other car's it must
work pretty good.

Works great in the car. System not designed for fixed locations.
They may launch a stationary satellite just for you.

[email protected] December 30th 05 02:34 AM

Sirrus Notes

Staitionary satellite eh? Haw Haw Haw!
cuhulin

[email protected] December 30th 05 02:50 AM

Sirrus Notes

James Douglas wrote:
Got one for the wife for christmas and had a hard time receiving signal
at home so tried it in the office today with no luck either. It does
work at home if you place the antenna 10' outside the house.

Anyone else having these issues? Have not tried it in the car yet but
have to believe as many of these things I see on other car's it must
work pretty good

Iff they're like GPS units, you need a clear shot of the sky;
- probably south.

take it outside & try there..

the signals are Very very weak,

Good luck

m II December 30th 05 04:36 AM

Sirrus Notes

wrote:

Staitionary satellite eh? Haw Haw Haw!
cuhulin

http://snipurl.com/l5j3

....Laughing My Ace Off at the Brother of Bozo

mike

David December 30th 05 04:45 AM

Sirrus Notes

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:34:10 -0600, wrote:

Staitionary satellite eh? Haw Haw Haw!
cuhulin

Relative to Tierra del Fuego...

David December 30th 05 04:46 AM

Sirrus Notes

On 29 Dec 2005 18:50:45 -0800, wrote:

James Douglas wrote:
Got one for the wife for christmas and had a hard time receiving signal
at home so tried it in the office today with no luck either. It does
work at home if you place the antenna 10' outside the house.

Anyone else having these issues? Have not tried it in the car yet but
have to believe as many of these things I see on other car's it must
work pretty good

Iff they're like GPS units, you need a clear shot of the sky;
- probably south.

take it outside & try there..

the signals are Very very weak,

Good luck

Mine's on the roof aiming East.

I'm 30 miles north of Hollywood.

34, -118

[email protected] December 30th 05 07:21 AM

Sirrus Notes

Hell,that's what I meant.Those satellites are stationary in orbit.
cuhulin

[email protected] December 30th 05 07:24 AM

Sirrus Notes

My DirecTV stationary satellite dish antenna is on my roof top aimed
toward the Southwest.I am lucky Katrina didn't blow it down on the
ground.
cuhulin

dxAce December 30th 05 11:39 AM

Sirrus Notes

wrote:

Staitionary satellite eh? Haw Haw Haw!

They are not stationary, however they are in orbit so far above the planet that
they 'appear' to be stationary.

dxAce
Michigan
USA