RadioBanter

-   -   Some good deals (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/85387-some-good-deals.html)

[email protected] December 30th 05 11:03 PM

Some good deals

For anyone in the Lexington KY area I thought they might like to know
that a local
mil surplus store is going out of business. I stopped by today on my
monthly inspection
and was shocked top find they are shutting down Dec 31. Short notice I
know. But
everything is 50% off. I bought 4 rolls of 1000' of Alpha #1551 22AWG
7/30 silver plated
wire with a fairly tough PVC jacket for $4 each. It makes great
temporary antennas that
have stayed up for several years. I snagged the better colors for
"hidden" antennas, but
many rolls remain.

He also has 8' RG58 with BNC ends for $0.5 each.
Right angle BNC for $0.25 eac.
UG643 barrels for $05 each.

He has 8' fibre glass tent supports, with flat tripod feet for $4 that
might make a good
wire antenna supports. I bought 3 and hope to try them early Saturday
and if they
work I intened to go back and get some more.

Lots of rope etc.

I have never convinced myself that silver plated wire works any better
then plain hard
drawn copper, but I like to think every little improvement will help
dig out that weak one.
At these prices it is cheap enough to toss after a mini DXpeidition if
it gets tangled.

The place is "Stuff" on Winchester road about 4 miles inside clark
county on US60.
I guess since it is in Clark county it is really on Lexington road but
I never think of it
that way.

I have nothing to do with Stuff other then a very happy customer.

Terry