RadioBanter

-   -   Best earbuds for sale in U.S. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/85700-re-best-earbuds-sale-u-s.html)

John S. January 3rd 06 04:01 PM

Best earbuds for sale in U.S.

wrote:
- header says it all..

long lastinig wires are the critical part

RSVP to thread

I'm not aware of wire strength being an issue for ear buds or mini
headphones. Wires will tend to break if flexing is focused at one
point. Headphone manufacturers solved that problem long ago by
tapering the insulation at headphone and plug junction points, so
expect that any $20.00 set of buds should include that feature.

Given the envirnment it has to work in, the earbud covering will
probably deteriorate long before the wires.

If it were me, I would worry more about fit, sound reproduction and
hearing damage.

Telamon January 4th 06 09:08 PM

Best earbuds for sale in U.S.

In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

wrote:
- header says it all..

long lastinig wires are the critical part

RSVP to thread

I'm not aware of wire strength being an issue for ear buds or mini
headphones. Wires will tend to break if flexing is focused at one
point. Headphone manufacturers solved that problem long ago by
tapering the insulation at headphone and plug junction points, so
expect that any $20.00 set of buds should include that feature.

Given the envirnment it has to work in, the earbud covering will
probably deteriorate long before the wires.

If it were me, I would worry more about fit, sound reproduction and
hearing damage.

When you shove an ear-bud in your ear be sure to keep the sound level
low or risk hearing damage since their is nothing to diminish the sound
energy reaching the ear drum. The rule to follow is give your ears a
chance to adjust to lower volumes.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California