Old January 12th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Solar Charger for Eton FR250

I've got one of each of the emergency radios from Grundig/Eton for
myself and gifts for others.

For fun I put a small solar cell on one of them and plugged it into the
DC port in the back. I haven't cranked the handle in several days so I
guess it works. Just putting the thing near the window on on the
nightstand causes the charging light to light.

Saves wear on the crank for when I really need it.

Tom

Handy Andy Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Message Shortwave 1 November 19th 05 06:01 PM
Running a radio from a large rechargeable cell or battery bpnjensen Shortwave 55 November 2nd 05 04:56 AM
Grundig FR250 Radio John Shortwave 1 November 29th 04 11:45 AM
Solar Minimum in 2006? Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 23rd 04 01:33 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM