RadioBanter

-   -   Is there a BC-344 cult? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/87156-there-bc-344-cult.html)

David January 25th 06 08:07 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

I have one that's currently being used to keep a kick drom from
sliding across the garage floor.

John S. January 25th 06 08:11 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

David wrote:
I have one that's currently being used to keep a kick drom from
sliding across the garage floor.

Cleaned out the remains of my Dad's shack and that was one among many
partial radios and other old parts that were just pitched in the
dumpster.

David January 25th 06 09:47 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

On 25 Jan 2006 12:11:58 -0800, "John S." wrote:

David wrote:
I have one that's currently being used to keep a kick drom from
sliding across the garage floor.

Cleaned out the remains of my Dad's shack and that was one among many
partial radios and other old parts that were just pitched in the
dumpster.

I'm curious about its performance. It only goes to 1500 but KSL is
about as high as I ever get.

[email protected] January 25th 06 09:58 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

ok,I will ask the dumb question,,, what is a BC-344?
cuhulin

Bob Miller January 25th 06 10:45 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:45:22 GMT, "Carter, K8VT"

ok,I will ask the dumb question,,, what is a BC-344?
cuhulin

check devilfinder.com (as a guy named cuhulin likes to say) ;-)

There was a BC348 cult. Is this related gear?

bob
k5qwg

Carter, K8VT January 25th 06 10:45 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

Carter, K8VT January 25th 06 11:19 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

Bob Miller wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:45:22 GMT, "Carter, K8VT"

ok,I will ask the dumb question,,, what is a BC-344?
cuhulin

check devilfinder.com (as a guy named cuhulin likes to say) ;-)

There was a BC348 cult. Is this related gear?

bob
k5qwg

Well, I *didn't* go to devilfinder, so not quite sure what a BC-344 is,
but I am familiar with a BC-348 and as a matter of fact own one.

It is a WWII aircraft receiver, 200-500 kc/s and 1.5 to 18 mc/s, single
conversion, BFO, crystal filter. It was my dad's receiver and he gave it
to me along with an Elmac transmitter when I got my Novice ticket (and a
good reason for him to get a new rig--we drove to Benton Harbor and he
got a brand new Heath Mohawk and Apache rig--but that's another story). :-)

Apparently it was quite a popular receiver and relatively inexpensive in
the decade after the war, lots of "conversion" and modification ham
magazine articles, but I'm not sure about "cult".

73,
Carter
K8VT

David January 26th 06 12:01 AM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

The BC-344 is the 110V version of the BC-312?

150kc to 1,500 kc. Form factor same as BC-348. 70 pound aircraft
receiver?

Mark Zenier January 26th 06 05:11 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

David wrote:
I have one that's currently being used to keep a kick drom from
sliding across the garage floor.

Cleaned out the remains of my Dad's shack and that was one among many
partial radios and other old parts that were just pitched in the
dumpster.

I'm curious about its performance. It only goes to 1500 but KSL is
about as high as I ever get.

Wow, man. Tripping out on LDS.

Mark Zenier

[email protected] January 26th 06 06:34 PM

Is there a BC-344 cult?

Michael Graham said islam is an (I forget what he exactly said)
organization of terror.Look at what happened to him,although he told the
Truth on his radio talk show.He got fired.Yesterday,I read an article on
the internet about a public school is bending over backwards so a
Terriost muslim dude can pray in that school.Why can't American kids
have open Prayer in American public schools? When I went to public
school from 1946 through 1958,we had Bible Classes.
cuhulin