RadioBanter

-   -   Why i disappeared for six months (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/87615-why-i-disappeared-six-months.html)

running dogg January 31st 06 11:55 PM

Why i disappeared for six months

Miss me? :)

I was with a little mom and pop ISP and a dialup account. But that ISP
went out of business, so I switched to SBC (now AT&T). SBC had ****ty
service, among which was the fact that I couldn't access newsgroups. I
tried their SF server but couldn't log on. And I was reluctant to call
their tech support, since it's in India somewhere and none of their
techs speak good English. So after a few months I got wired for cable
internet and went with Comcast broadband. I only now got around to
figuring out how to log on to the news server. So I'm back. I haven't
been listening to the radio lately since I've been busy attending
vocational school learning to be a computer technician, but I'm starting
to miss having real news.